Blender SAVED!

Does this mean that everybody who wants to use Blender has to pay an 100.000 Euro’s?

That would be AWESOME! :slight_smile:

But to be honest: no, it’s a fixed price only to be paid once, by the Blender Foundation in order to start spreading the sources.

Congratulations!!!

Amazing cool news

long live and Blender :smiley:

CIao

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG…

me takes out a box of adult diapers and passes it around.

Thanks Theeth, I need that

OMG, I honestly didn’t expect it… I can’t believe it…OMG…I"m in shock, I really didn’t expect anything good to happen, it’s better than good! Ton, I’m so happy for you, hell, I’m so happy for me :smiley: I’m sending in more money on Wednesday, payday!!!

Lord!!! OMG!!! Ok, I’ll stop, but OMG!!!

Geez, Ingie (who’s about to faint)

YYYYOOOOOOOPPPPPPYYYYYY!!! HE HE HE! congratulations!!!
:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Kind of weird that it was announced one day after the American Independence Day! Now I’m going to celebrate by creating some fireworks in Blender 2.10! (Outdated, yes, but the only one on a computer that will work on animations!)

Yippee! (Goes and makes fireworks IN THE SHAPE OF THE BLENDER LOGO!)

Woohoo! Everybody celebrate! (Or I’ll come to your house and change your password! No, no, I’ll just think of you as being from 3D Studio Max, and are still using it religiously!)

Three cheers for NaN! Three cheers for NaN! Three cheers for-- (Some weird silent user comes in with 3 CHAIRS!)

YAY!!! BLENDER IS SAVED!!! THANKS A TON, TON!!! :D:D:D

/me starts dancing… young children, please do not look.

Very good news indeed.

:smiley: !!!EXCELENT EXCELENT EXCELENT!!! :smiley:

Im so very happy that my favorite program will get the oppritunity to evolve and continue!!! Congrats Ton, im sure your happy as hell and releived after all that down time. Best of luck to you bro!!! :wink:

Matt

Blend on, and blend well!!!

YYEEEEEEAAAAAHHHHHAAAAAA

Fantastic news! :stuck_out_tongue:

My favorite 3D app lives! woohoo! :smiley:

…that this has been announced on my birthday. Hmmm makes me wonder :wink: Well thanks for the birhtday present Ton :wink: Now back to work for me on the ‘Artist Formerly Known As The Blender League’ stuff I guess.

Wow! That is great news indeed!!! Hip-hip-hooray! Blen-blen-Blender!

I hope you won’t be out of programmers now :slight_smile:

I can’t wait… must wait… must wait… MUST WAIT… CAN’T WAIT!!!

Zsolt

:smiley: :slight_smile: :o :stuck_out_tongue: :wink: CONCRATULATIONS Ton and all!

Ton-

Congratulations. This is very good news, but I am also cautiously optimistic. I hope the discussions that have ensued since Blender3D had to shut down have provided some good insight into the qualities that will make Blender into a legendary effort. I hope it gets there. :smiley:

Well, certainly very good news indeed! :smiley: Congratulations Ton !!!

No, just you. :wink:

Woooooohoooo!
Yay!
And… possibly… Bwraaaaaaarg! (never really got when that was appropriate :wink: )

This is great news :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:
And just in time for my birthday too!

Awaiting further news with great anticipation (understatement)

1. pofo

congratulations, to Ton and to all blender users. Glad I have some adult diapers left over from the time I discovered blender. Oh, and on a more practical vein: I noticed the foundation has to pay 100k euros for this. Is there a problem with this funding? If one of (or the main) way of getting it is from the paypal donations and/or eShop purchases, It might be motivation to know how much still needs to be raised in order to get new donations.
Anyhow, good luck going on, and thanks Ton for your efforts.
Bassam

hey everyone,

the good news made it to slashdot so I am expecting quite a bit of extra traffic to this website.

I am hoping the hosting server will provide enough extra power to keep up with the traffic. So at this moment I am not expecting any mayor problems, yet I have no idea howlarge this slashdot effect will really be.

Greetings,
Timothy Kanters