Blender status window warning message

Hi. I’m not sure that this is the correct place to post this, but my question fits better here than in any of the other forums.

I am running Blender 2.45. When I start the program, everything runs normally. However, I have noticed that every time I load an image into the program to use as a background reference image, I get the following message in the status window: “WARNING: BLI_split_dirfile needs absolute dir” I don’t know what that means or how to fix it.

I don’t know if this is relevant, but while I was running Blender version 2.44, I installed Python 2.5 on my machine. When I start Blender, the status window tells me that Python has been successfully located.

Thanks in advance for any help.

EDIT: After some experimenting, I have determined that I don’t get the error message when loading images into the sequence editor, but I do get the message when I load the image to use as a texture.

Hi guys, sorry to bother again. Anyone have an idea for which forum I should post this thread in? I’m not really sure who might be able to help me.

Maybe the basics and interface forum? Sounds like a set up problem, and that’s where they deal with them.

Thanks a bunch for the reply, Orinoco.

I have discovered my problem. When I upgraded to Blender v2.45, all of my default render and texture filepaths were erased. As soon as I reset my filepaths, I quit getting the error message.

Problem solved.

thanks checkers88, i’ve had the same error, but never bothered to fix/worry.
& yeah, help & support forums.
m.a.