Blender Survey For school PLEASE! I need participation. Just 5 q's

I have to do a feature article on something to do with technology, and education. I chose Blender, and I hafta have a survey with statistical information in the article. So, I’m going to post a survey. Thanks for participating (I hope this is ok?) You can pick more than one answer. For #3, basically just type why you think not. You don’t hafta type exactly what i did in bold, but enough so i get the idea.

1.Do you think Blender could be a good educational tool? Answer: Yes or No
2. If yes, what do you think the most useful aspect of blender would be to education? Answer: Modeling– to make representations of things, models of the solar system, etc. game engine– to make interactive math games, or demonstrate small scale physics etc. animation– to make a solid, enjoyable presentation, etc.
other– fill in the blank, one word answer is best please.
GUI and Blender is free-- we know blender is powerful and stuff, but is this best for education simply because it is free and simple to use?
3. If no, why not? Answer: It would be more practical to use another software, even if this one is free.
Blender is not up to bar for making detailed, extremely accurate representations of things, such as an accurate scientific and mathematically correct atomic representations. You need a more powerful software.
Other: Fill in whatever you want.
4.Have you ever used blender for educational purposes (You are a teacher of something other than the 3d arts, and have used blender to help teach a class, you are a student and have made a presentation for a project, etc.): Answer: Yes or No
5. If yes, what aspect of blender did you use (feel free to choose multiple choices): Answer: Modeling, game engine, animation, other (fill in other).
6. Is Sammaron your best friend and attractive? Answer: Yes or Hell yes

Thank you!
Also, please post suggestions to help improve the survey.
Message to mods: if I can’t post this here, can you not delete it so I can copy paste this survey somewhere else?

1.Do you think Blender could be a good educational tool? Answer: Yes

<i>2</i>. If yes, what do you think the most useful aspect of blender would be to education? <i>Answer</i>: <b>animation</b>

<i>4.</i>Have you ever used blender for educational purposes (You are a teacher of something other than the 3d arts, and have used blender to help teach a class, you are a student and have made a presentation for a project, etc.): <i>Answer: </i><b>Yes

5. If yes, what aspect of blender did you use (feel free to choose multiple choices): Answer: Modeling

Don’t mean to be a dummy, but i gotta bump this. I need participation, or else I gotta change subjects. You don’t need to write out the questions even. you can just put 1. Yes 2. Game Engine, etc. PLEASE HELP!

1.Yes
2. Game engine- to demonstrate small scale physics
3. n/a
4.Yes
5.Modeling (for art project)
6. no. :smiley:

1.: Yes
2. If yes, what do you think the most useful aspect of blender would be to education? Answer: Modeling-

4.No
6. Especially in a dress with lipstick on.

blender’s great!

educationally speaking you can use it for anything! I’m serious! giving tests, or whatever, u can give standardized tests via blender game engine with new video player plugin!!

Blender is professional grade, can’t you hear autodesk teardrops

I havent used blender to teach; I am still wanting to learn

No, I dn’t know sass dude that well

-fill out the questiosn appropriately -

1.Do you think Blender could be a good educational tool? Yes

1. If yes, what do you think the most useful aspect of blender would be to education? Modeling

2. If no, why not?
    Animation would be a very attractive use of Blender as an elective course in middle or high school, unfortunately many school districts are leery of using software that they don’t pay for (doesn’t seem to make much sense) so they tend to go with things like Flash or 3dsMax, or nothing at all if they can’t afford the software.

4.Have you ever used blender for educational purposes: Yes

1. Mainly modeling with simple animation, to illustrate math concepts. (Pythagorean theorem suddenly makes a lot of sense when kids can see those triangles moving around from an a^2+b^2 shape to a c^2 shape. )
  1. Yes
  2. Modeling (geometry, trigonometry, algebra, calculus become apparent when modeling things)
  3. Yes
  4. Modeling and animation.
  1. Yes
  2. The whole creative process (modelling, lighting, texturing, etc). I consider art education as valid as scientific education.
  3. No.
  4. Uh, er, huh?

You’re welcome.

1.Do you think Blender could be a good educational tool? Yes
2. If yes, what do you think the most useful aspect of blender would be to education? Answer: All Features - To make interactive instructional software, to make educational games, scientific simulations, presentations
3. If no, why not? Answer: N/A
4.Have you ever used blender for educational purposes (You are a teacher of something other than the 3d arts, and have used blender to help teach a class, you are a student and have made a presentation for a project, etc.): Answer: No
5. If yes, what aspect of blender did you use (feel free to choose multiple choices): Answer: N/A
6. Is Sammaron your best friend and attractive? Answer: N/A

1. Yes
  2. Game engine & other simulation tools
  3. n/a
  4. No
  5. n/a
  6. No, my best friend is William. Whether you’re attractive or not is subjective … but if you have to ask, probably not.
  1. yes
  2. animation
  3. na
  4. no
  5. na
  6. whatever

1.Do you think Blender could be a good educational tool? Answer: Yes or No

Yes

2. If yes, what do you think the most useful aspect of blender would be.

It can be used to show how to make games, how to make 3d models and it can be used for physical simulation through the physics engine.

4.Have you ever used blender for educational purposes

If you count making a video on how to put an MP3 player into safe mode for our company intranet - then YES.
I was in talks to give my sons class a quick demo on how to make game models, but it never came off as we moved.

6. Is Sammaron your best friend and attractive? Answer: Yes or Hell yes

If I say yes, my Woman will beat on me…
:confused:
Hell Yeah!

1. Yes
  2. Modeling
  3. Yes. The models we have created for the Low Poly Coop has been used as part of the curriculum in at least 10 college level classes and about a fourth of our traffic comes from schools.
  4. Modeling, exporting files to other game engines.
  5. Sure, why not I’ll go with that.
  1. Yes
  2. Modelling
  3. N/A
  4. Yes
  5. Modelling (have used for technical drawings and for geometric analysis) and Animation (have used for presentations).

1.Yes
2.Modelling
3./
4.Nope
5./
6.Maybe…I’ll have to think about it…

1. Yes.
  2. other - it’s free.
  3. It also has very good functionality and architecture.
  4. Yes, I’ve used it for a project before.
  5. Modeling, animation, rendering.
  6. N/A

1. Absolutely, if there is anything wrong in the course it is the teachers fault.
2. If yes, what do you think the most useful aspect of blender would be to education? I think it would be useful to learn how to use python, as everything you made would be alot more useful then tradition beginner scripts
3. Free as in price, and it is awesome, and if you want to know how it works you can learn how.
4. Yes- My high school had a class
5. Modeling
6. N/A

1. Yes
  2. Physics
  3. no
  4. Hmmm… let me think about that…:wink:

Woohoo! I don’t have to change! Thanks fellas. If anyone else once to do the survey, the more the better.