Blender SVN compiling error with VideoFFmpeg.cpp

I’m compiling the Render2.5 branch off the Blender SVN on my CentOS Linux box, but ran into an error I can’t decipher while running the initial scons.py script:

Compiling ==> 'VideoFFmpeg.cpp'
/usr/include/inttypes.h: In function 'intmax_t wcstoimax(const __gwchar_t*, __gwchar_t**, int)':
/usr/include/inttypes.h:366: error: invalid conversion from 'const __gwchar_t* __restrict__' to 'const wchar_t*'
/usr/include/inttypes.h:366: error:   initializing argument 1 of 'long int __wcstol_internal(const wchar_t*, wchar_t**, int, int)'
/usr/include/inttypes.h:366: error: invalid conversion from '__gwchar_t** __restrict__' to 'wchar_t**'
/usr/include/inttypes.h:366: error:   initializing argument 2 of 'long int __wcstol_internal(const wchar_t*, wchar_t**, int, int)'
/usr/include/inttypes.h: In function 'uintmax_t wcstoumax(const __gwchar_t*, __gwchar_t**, int)':
/usr/include/inttypes.h:383: error: invalid conversion from 'const __gwchar_t* __restrict__' to 'const wchar_t*'
/usr/include/inttypes.h:383: error:   initializing argument 1 of 'long unsigned int __wcstoul_internal(const wchar_t*, wchar_t**, int, int)'
/usr/include/inttypes.h:383: error: invalid conversion from '__gwchar_t** __restrict__' to 'wchar_t**'
/usr/include/inttypes.h:383: error:   initializing argument 2 of 'long unsigned int __wcstoul_internal(const wchar_t*, wchar_t**, int, int)'
source/gameengine/VideoTexture/VideoFFmpeg.cpp: In member function 'int VideoFFmpeg::openStream(const char*, AVInputFormat*, AVFormatParameters*)':
source/gameengine/VideoTexture/VideoFFmpeg.cpp:178: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned integer expressions  
source/gameengine/VideoTexture/VideoFFmpeg.cpp: In static member function 'static void* VideoFFmpeg::cacheThread(void*)':
source/gameengine/VideoTexture/VideoFFmpeg.cpp:312: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned integer expressions
source/gameengine/VideoTexture/VideoFFmpeg.cpp: In member function 'AVFrame* VideoFFmpeg::grabFrame(long int)':
source/gameengine/VideoTexture/VideoFFmpeg.cpp:907: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned integer expressions
scons: *** [/home/boydb/blender-svn/build/linux2/source/gameengine/VideoTexture/VideoFFmpeg.o] Error 1
scons: building terminated because of errors.

I had fixed a few errors previously that were due to a missing library file, but I’m not quite sure what the error is on this one. I do have the “ffmpeg” and “ffmpeg-devel” packages (from DAG repository) installed, so I don’t think it’s a missing dependency, but might it be too old of a library file somwehere? This is revision 29834 of the render2.5 branch, since I’m trying to set up a system benchmark using the Durian System Test file; is this is maybe a known error for CentOS/RedHat architectures that was fixed in a later revision?

Anyone able to decipher that error for me?

A quick hack might be to disable the game engine in the scons script. Not a fix but might get you there until someone knows replies.

I have been having the same issue.

I created a “user-config.py” to turn off the Game Engine, and it compiled fine the rest of the way. Since I don’t need the game engine, that might be good enough for me.

I did try fast forwarding to revision 30336 (the most recent revision to have a Linux build on Graphicall.org) to see if that made a difference, and it didn’t; still failed in the same place until I turned off the Game Engine.