Blender takes more than four minutes to open

Hello. I just installed Blender 2.82a on my Windows 10 laptop. Before this I had been running 2.80 just fine.

It takes so long to open that I thought it had crashed. I’ve since determined that it take 4-5 minutes to open. Once it’s launched I can open files pretty quickly.

I have deleted all the files in the AppData folder and I’ve tried both reinstalling and running the install from the .zip file.

Has anyone else had this issue and what other information can I provide?

Thanks in advance!

For the portable zip file to not read the same config you need to navigate to where you extracted it and in the version numbered folder you need to create a folder named config so it can create clean config files in there that will be specific to that instance of blender only.

I didn’t know that. Thanks.

I did delete everything from the AppData folder already but know I’ve done this. I’ve also updated my Nvidia drivers. No luck. Still slow.

Maybe it’s your virus scanner.

So, crazy thing. I had a hard drive on my network that stalled. AFAIK it has nothing to do with Blender. BUT when I restarted the drive Blender works fine.

Thanks for the help. Is there a way to mark this SOLVED or something?

1 Like

I have found 2.82 slower to open with large files than before as well. Once open it is ok. I`m on Win10.