[FREE] Blender Tchat Addon

Hello guys !

I’m very happy to release my very first addon : the Blender Tchat Addon !

The Blender Tchat Addon enables you to :

1. Create or Join Tchat Rooms and chat all arround the World
  2. Add friends for direct chat
  3. Share Files with rooms and friends
  4. Share ASSETS from Blender to Blender : You send any asset (Mesh, Material, Texture, Particle System, etc) and the others can directly append them right inside their current scene !

A huge work has been done on BGL side : Overlays, Drag and Scale, Hovering, Scrollbars, Profile Pictures, and much more ! The networking is all HTTPS based.

A lot of new features are being developed but … One day it’s time to release ! So today I try to fix a V-1.0.0 to share it with you…

Don’t hesitate to share, and ENJOY ! :smiley:

The addon is FREE to download
Premium Subscription is available on Gumroad to enable Direct Asset and File Sharing

Documentation : https://blendertchat.com
Download : https://gumroad.com/l/blender-tchat

Tricotou

13 Likes

Nota Bene : Please note that the Tchat Addon is only compatible with 2.83 and higher.
(Last features tested under 2.83.4)

Indeed, since 2.83 there is an issue with Color Management influencing BGL shaders, that I reported here : https://developer.blender.org/T79788
According to devs, the current fix is to hard code the GLSL code for GPU shaders, with a new function blender_srgb_to_framebuffer_space() but it breaks retrocompat with 2.82 and previous.

Once it’s fixed I should be able to deliver a version compatible with all 2.8X versions

Stay tuned ! :slight_smile:

Tricotou

2 Likes

For those who have Tchat, could you check if you see my room where I share a model. It’s an organic model, kinda fractal, textured. Let me know how that goes, so I can write about it in my article. The room is called New_Media_Supply and you can access it as shown in next message from developer with this ID: qwppp7df71 . This is the model and you can have it for free:
OrganicFractal

Article made and posted on Twitter as well:

Hello and thanks for your article on your website !

For now, all rooms are private and therefore knowing the name is no use. People need the ROOM ID to be able to join, as explained in the Documentation. You can copy the ROOM ID with this button :

Screenshot from 2020-09-02 17-24-29

And share it here. Then people can copy and paste it joining a new room :

Screenshot from 2020-09-02 17-26-25

See you ! :slight_smile:
Tricotou

1 Like

@tricotou , ah I missed that part. Updated my message. ID or room is: qwppp7df71

Hello guys !

I added Public Rooms to be joined right after downloading the addon !

You can as well create your own public room. Feel free for example to start a community in your country if there is not !

Since Tuesday (release) , Tchat users Signed In from :

• France
  • United Kingdom
  • Germany
  • Japan
  • China
  • Brazil

Awesome !

Don’t hesitate to give it a try, and give some feedbacks on UI and stuff !
See you :smiley:

Tricotou

1 Like

Awesome! Pretty handy to see a newsroom as well. Different countries is also interesting.
To support this addon I will upload frequently freebies in the public room called: Free Assets - NMS.
:gift: :gift: :fireworks:

want to say thanks too you its a good addon now I don’t want to switch between chrome and blender

2 Likes

Hello guys !

New version 1.2.0 is available with new features and bug fixes !
Now image file and previewed in BGL Viewport

Don’t hesitate to give it a try !

blender_tchat_demo

The addon is FREE to download
Premium Subscription is available on Gumroad to enable Direct Asset and File Sharing

DOCUMENTATION
FREE DOWNLOAD
PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION

Tricotou

2 Likes