Blender to EXE?

(darkstar1) #1

I got regular Blender and want to create games to sell. I was wondering how to change games into exe format. Or is there another way? Or do I have to get Blender Publisher?

(Ecks) #2

You msut have blender publisher. sorry man :frowning:

(darkstar1) #3

I saw in another post that some blender stuff was made with S W exe proggie. What is that? Is it possible to sell using that program? And if I have to use Blender Publisher where can I get it for a cheap price?

(Ecks) #4

Do you work for a company?

(darkstar1) #5

Well, in a way I guess. Nothing big though. We actually haven’t produced a game for sale. We were into the free games kinda stuff until we invisioned this blender idea. Why would this matter though?

(dwmitch) #6

It’s not possible to get the liscences or the software necessary to produce commercial stand-alone games with Blender at this time. Hopefully Blender will come out of its coma, but until then you’ll have to rely on programs like http://www.3drad.com, but their web site has been down today. I don’t know if it’s just temporary troubles or if that company went belly up as well.

By the way, I know I will be labeled a traitor for passing on this information, but it’s just not possible to make a profit off of Blender, at least not at this point. However, it can still be used to make models for 3DRad.

(darkstar1) #7

I looked at the website and saw some interesting things and it looks like 3drad could be useful until blender can be up and running again. But I saw 3drad is similar to Blender in the sense that it also has a option to buy the program. Can 3drad create games in its Freeware version?

What do you mean by Blender being able to make models for 3drad?

(dwmitch) #8

The free version is for evaluation purposes only. For $19.00 you can get the lite version with a compiler, but I don’t think you can sell the games made with the lite version. Check the info section of the site for information about the rest.

Also, 3D Rad doesn’t have a built in modeler. You will have to use a program like Blender or Anim8or to create models for it.