Blender Tracking Forum in Blender Artists?

I’v noticed that there is no forum on blender tracking. This is a shame, as tracking is such an interesting feature in blender. I know that it was only in the tomato branch version for a while, but now it is in 2.62. I hope that the web masters of blenderartists.org will add a forum for tracking. thanks

grrr… lost my post, stupid internets. Basically I’d vote for a tracking support sub-forum but feel the existing art forums fully cover the tracking case.

I think there are already too many subforums. The current ones are already adequate for tracking support questions and finished track results.

+1 on having a separate thread for tracking.

• Working out how to use tracking for the first time can be quite tricky
  • Even once you have the UI / process sorted, getting it right can involve quite a bit of tweaking - tips can be shared
  • Having a central place to chat about updates ( eg if the Google code for solving gets integrated ) is useful for giving feedback

A lot of people will probably try this out with video captured with their mobile phones ( iPhone / Android etc ). Working out camea presets for these to help the accuracy of the final solving process and sharing with the community ( and even getting these stored as pre-sets in the next update of Blender ) would all help more people utilise this cool new-ish feature. Not everyone will be using Red 1 4K cameras for recording :slight_smile:

The first thing I did was check this forum for a tracking thread ( no joy ), then did a search for tracking ( way too much scattered noise, very little actual info ), and then just searched youtube for video tutorials.

Having a dedicated thread here would have been of great benefit for me a few days ago when I was learning how to use it. Having one now would be great to let me help give info to other new users.

A “Tracking and Solving” forum between “Compositing and Post Processing” and “Technical Support” would be an ideal place.

Having a dedicated thread here would have been of great benefit for me a few days ago when I was learning how to use it

If you want a thread, start one.

> If you want a thread, start one

I wrote that a bit too quick - instead of reading thread above, replace it with sub-forum.

A “Tracking and Solving” sub-forum between “Compositing and Post Processing” and “Technical Support” would be an ideal place.

The proper forum for posting threads about tracking is the “Composting and Post Processing” forum. If the number of tracking threads in that forum reach a critical mass that overwhelms other comp and post topics, then creating a new forum will be considered. Until that happens, “Compositing and Post Processing” is where you want to be.