Blender used for VFX on web series

Hi Guys,

I hope this is the right category to post in. I asked in the support forum and someone suggested to post here. If not, please move it.

I firstly want to thank the entire Blender community, because without you guys and this awesome software, I would not have been able to do some of the cool VFX.

The video link is below, but here are some of the shots I used Blender for:

1 - 3d tracking the first shot, to then enter a holographic screen.
2 - The shot where the guy swings two axes over someone’s head. We had cut down versions of the axe handles and then modeled axes and composited them in. Came out super good!
3 - In the title sequence, another 3d track which I was then able to insert a city matte painting and another holographic screen.

There will be more to come as I learn Blender more and more.

Mr D

Hey! I’m not sure if it’s only me, but I really like embedded videos so I don’t have to click through to another page…

It looks cool, but maybe extract the sections you worked on? It’s difficult to tell which parts you did in Blender… (I’m guessing the GUI stuff?)

Hey 8bit,

Thanks for the tip. I didn’t think of embedding. Also, that would be nice to extract, but would take a lot of time right now. Maybe when I have more free time.

Forgot to mention, the first shot where the girl pulls the arrow out, the arrow is made in Blender.

Mr D