Blender <-> UVLayout bridge

It’s perhaps not clear indeed. What this addon does is it exports your current scene or selection to UV layout and start the application automatically. You can than do the unwrapping and packing and send it back to Blender.

See the screengrab i made, its halfway in this thread

Hi guys, so i have updated it to 2.8. You can download it from gumroad like before, check header of thread.

1 Like

Titus,

first try i get an error. You need to check your variables.

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/Users/romboutversluijs/Library/Application Support/Blender/2.80/scripts/addons/UVL_Bridge.py", line 229, in execute
    UVLBridge_IO()
  File "/Users/romboutversluijs/Library/Application Support/Blender/2.80/scripts/addons/UVL_Bridge.py", line 153, in UVLBridge_IO
    while not os.path.isfile(path + file_outName) and uvlayout_proc.poll() != 0:         
UnboundLocalError: local variable 'uvlayout_proc' referenced before assignment

Also it seems to be missing some options or did you intentionally made it this light now?

PS since its a tool, why not take the left side? I find this current layout of 2.80 a bit confusion. Tools from left are now on the right at properties??? not sure that make sense.

Hi rombout, yep it was a mistake. I fixed it. And it sad to say i have to stop developing UVL bridge for blender 2.8, because i decide to make a new bridge like 2in1 for UVL and RizomUV same time for Blender 2.8 and it will be paid(commercial). link is here . So i will continue on a new one.

And yeah tools now are on a right side :slight_smile: a lot of changes in 2.8.
And it’s simplyfied a bit , just for the beginning.

Many thanks!

Ahhh cool!!! I got mine working as well now last night. Though it works funky on osx sometimes it gets send back before I’m done. Sometimes nothing happens. Haven’t figured out that part. But all my extra function like auto pack and auto send do work.

That other app looks amazing compared to the GUI of uvlayout. I can’t wrap my head around this silly old UI. Yesterday I even saw a new video from December of uvlayout hahaha he was still showing new function on a 4:3 display hahaha looks like he is stuck in the 90s

That other app looks so fresh, wonder how well it performs
Uvlayout is very strong and bold at what it does though and fast

Hahaha, yep he’s super old-school guy. And yep rizomuv now like uvlayout even better in some cases.

1 Like

Hey i justed noticed your update. Sorry bro it still contains errors. You need to fix line 293 it gives “make annotation” error. Which means you need to address as this

filepath : StringProperty \ ( name = "Path:", subtype = 'DIR_PATH', )

so replace the = by : thats new in 2.80

Yep, i have missed this again. Many thanks for help.

1 Like

Perhaps you should make error catch or so for OSX. I can add my code converted to yours if you like. Mine does work on OSX

Hi there, yep it would be cool if you add your code to mine, then i will place a link or a file on gumroad and topic header.

Hello. I have a problem with your addon.

When UVl opened, my blender had crushed. And this situation happens every time. How to fix this problem?

Blender 2.7, UVLayout 2.08 or 2.09, dont remember.

Hi there, thing is uvlayout was run as python subprocess with a timer and timer waits special command from uvlayout. So you have to press Send button in uvlayout and do not switch to blender until you finish UVs. Many thanks.

Import UV error Blender 2.80.73

Fixed, Check email please.

1 Like

Thank you, it works

Hello, thanks for the Plugin!

I am using UVL_Bridge_b2.8_005 in Blender 2.81.

My model gives me problems with “too many faces”.
It says I shall change the preferences for max shells (which is apparently only 23000) or set the import options to weld.

My export settings from blender look quite naked. Am I missing the weld-option here?
Because I can’t set “weld” as default in UVLayout for some reason.

Thanks.

Hi there!
You can check here http://doc.uvlayout.com/User_Guide:_About_UVLayout
Load Settings > MaxShells
When an OBJ file is loaded in Edit mode, the number of UV shells is checked first; if there’s more than this setting, the load is aborted and a message is displayed suggesting that the Weld UVs load option might be needed. If your mesh really does have more than the default of 2000 shells (e.g. individual leaves on a tree) then you can increase the shell limit here.

So try to open UVLayout and enter there MaxShells 100000 or more, or try to delete UVmap before sending.

Hello Titus!
I am using UVLayout 2.09.04 and my Mesh has 90.000 faces.

For some reason I can’t set the max shells higher than 30.000 in the preferences. Funny enough - yesterday it was only 23.000.

I fixed my problem by setting something under the editmenu to 470 MB (apparently the maximum)

I can’t set the “Weld UV’s” as default. I know that I can change my Load settings from subd to poly and vice versa and these settings will get stored when I open UVLayout the next time.
But it doesn’t work for Weld UV’s. That’s why I hoped to have this checkbox already in Blender.

Hey Titus,
regarding the image above: Why can’t I choose to go in Edit-Mode or New-Mode in Blender directly?

Did you remove those options? They were still available when you announced this plugin at the beginning of this thread.

Thanks for the plugin. Seems to be working in 2.82 for me anyway. Just curious if you plan to add the “Apply Modifier” option back in for the UV Layout mode?