blender video editing is...

I would suggest following the advice of the people that suggested to render to images first, then use those in the VSE. Less chance of a crash. Sure it is an extra step, but the image support tends to be rock solid compared to video that is already in some format like mpeg or avi etc.

Also, bug reports are always welcome for such problems so that other users don’t run into the same problem! projects.blender.org is where you can submit them.

Thanks, I’ll try it out!

BEst of all was that i had 23.98 fps (clips are 23.976) and io rendered using h.263 but it rendered to 30fps (!!!)
What the hell??
I re-rendered again in 24fps instead of 23.98 and it was fine.
I will try to give it one more chance but would be nice to have some kind of option to convert all clips to proxies with one switch, i dont want to go troudh all clips one by one nd change so they would be replaced with proxies.
Or am i missing something?
Theoretically i should convert each clip to proxy from teh beginning but its just always one more step when i could select all clips with A and then change them to proxies but i cant do it somehow, it onlyus changes one even if i select all of them.
Im using latest official, didnt wanted nightlies for something i had to finish on time.
Sorry i wont render to pngs, tbhis is like doiung the same thing twice, stupid.Its videos not 3d stuff so i dont get why even belnder would crash during handing video file, its not like its using newest implemented code to do that.But its still crashing, there has to be memory leak cause memory usage is very high when i edit.
So according to guys who have experience using VSE… which blender version is most stable when using VSE?

There are 2 addons for proxies. Seq extras can copy properties from one strip to selected strips. The other actually sets proxies at import time. Read up.

blender should have some option when browsing for movies to create proxy for all imported files at once.

Blender is using 500 MB of f…g memory just with one stabilized clip 1080p with 25%proxy!!! This is just sooooooooooooooooooooooo WRONG!!!:mad:

If you won’t take our advice then we’re not going to help you. Your refusal to follow industry best practices in your workflow is pretty much going to guarantee that you have issues somewhere along the line. Your refusal to read up on and utilize all of the tools at your disposal is going to cause you headaches. And your insistence of posting like a 13-year-old writing in a chat room is going to make sure that no one takes you seriously. Stop whining, read what’s been posted, regroup your thoughts, learn the tools, follow best practices, then come back for help via an eloquently worded post that would at least appear to have been written by an adult.

Please 2blackbar, SaintHaven just go with your “f…g” 100$ Vegas piece of software and let people use their soooooooooooooooooooo wrong Blender versions … Perhaps you’re just not supposed to … unlike those who are producing bautiful things without your help !

Why you insisted using Blender, you tried to see what happens after 20 crashes, eh?

Good ol’ lucky number 20! :wink:

if “node compositing” and “non-linear editing” at the same time。。。。。。
think goodness