Blender vs Lux samples

I asked this a long time ago and got various answers concerning the difference between blenders render engine and an external one. So started playing with Lux render for photorealism. This setup was done in blender 2.49. Just two lights interior and a sun lamp exterior.

Now I know if I added more lighting etc i could get better results in Blender render but just wanted to show the difference between the two so they don’t have to tear out their hair wondering…like I did :ba:

Attachments

Speaking of tearing your hair out, how long did you have to wait for the Lux result vs the Blender internal?

There is still a lot of grain in the Lux reflections. Also, it seems like an unfair comparison because you did not even enable transparency on the wine glass for the internal render. Also I notice there is not a world reflection map applied to the Blender internal render either. You did not enable bump or normal for the table like you did on the Lux. The blender internal light is facing the wrong way compared to the Lux version causing the shadows to go the wrong way (ie opposite the window direction in the background).

care to share the .blend?
I would like to demonstrate what could be improved with the BI render. :slight_smile:
(http://www.pasteall.org/blend/)

I think ye are getting the wrong end of the stick here. In anyways the blend file is too big to upload but would like to see what can be achieved once some time is spent on it. As I suggested earlier I didn’t spend much time on lighting the blender version. Lux took - well I was asleep so rendered overnight but I’m sure ye know it didn’t take a minute. I did enable the nor mapping on the blender version but the lighting setup doesn’t pick it up.

If i can compress the blend file I’ll post it later.

In anyway its my first render with lux and I’m well impresed. Does look the part right?

Uh… how can you compare these if you didn’t even do a proper job on the blender one? blender internal can do some kick-ass renders! just compress the blend into a zip or 7z or rar or something and upload it. let the pros show you how its done in blender int (im not a pro btw, but ill give it a shot) also pack the blend so we can use the textures

![file:///C:/Users/Michael/AppData/Local/Temp/moz-screenshot.png](file:///C:/Users/Michael/AppData/Local/Temp/moz-screenshot.png)![file:///C:/Users/Michael/AppData/Local/Temp/moz-screenshot-1.png](file:///C:/Users/Michael/AppData/Local/Temp/moz-screenshot-1.png)![file:///C:/Users/Michael/AppData/Local/Temp/moz-screenshot-2.png](file:///C:/Users/Michael/AppData/Local/Temp/moz-screenshot-2.png)![file:///C:/Users/Michael/AppData/Local/Temp/moz-screenshot-3.png](file:///C:/Users/Michael/AppData/Local/Temp/moz-screenshot-3.png)![file:///C:/Users/Michael/AppData/Local/Temp/moz-screenshot-4.png](file:///C:/Users/Michael/AppData/Local/Temp/moz-screenshot-4.png)![file:///C:/Users/Michael/AppData/Local/Temp/moz-screenshot-5.png](file:///C:/Users/Michael/AppData/Local/Temp/moz-screenshot-5.png)I think you can upload only .blend or a couple of image file formats here, not .zip or .rar or anything else. So maybe Dundaglan should delete some unimportant objects, choose smaller textures or do anything else do make the .blend small enough to upload.

However, did you even enable raytracing in your use of blender’s internal render, Dundaglan ? I do see nothing in the lux render image which isn’t possible with blender to achieve.