Blender Week Day Challenge #0037 (ENTRIES CLOSED)

http://www.blenderchallenge.com/banners/bwdc02.jpg

Welcome to the Blender Week Day Challenge #0037!

The list is made up of three organic and three inorganic topics and participants choose one of each category to model. Participants need to pick two items off the list to model (one from each category).

For examples of previous entries please see the gallery

All the models should be original. You can use any software you want as long as you use Blender somewhere in your modeling workflow. Also please state any non-blender software you have used for your model.

If you’re feeling generous why not add the models you create for this challenge to the Official Blender Model Repository and if you want to make your blend files available under the Creative Commons Attribution-Non-Commercial 3.0 Unported Licence just email them to me at [email protected] and I’ll host them on the www.blenderchallenge.com website.

Any wireframes posted will be added to the voting thread (If you don’t know how to make a wireframe check out the tutorial)

Check out the BlenderChallenge.com website for the full list of rules, challenge archives and all the latest news.

Note: If you post up more than one render of your model (excluding wireframes) please state which one we should use for the voting thread.

Deadline: 18:00 GMT (12:00 Noon Central Time) Friday 13th June 2008

Organic:
Hoopoo (Hoopoe)
Pine Tree
Tadpole

Inorganic:

Coca Cola Can
Stool
Umbrella

Well … how can you not enter a challenge that includes a hoopoo? I got more hits with a search for hoopoe. I hope it is the same bird.

yeah same bird

O.k. I will join this time. It has been a while

Coke can

Start with the easy ones first right!

http://img149.imageshack.us/img149/7977/coke2ys2.jpg

That coke can looks really good, it’s simple, but very goodlooking :smiley: Nice job!

I thought I’d try to get into the swing of this…

Attachments

Thanks for the comments!

here is the wires
grey
http://img68.imageshack.us/img68/7052/cokewiredl1.jpg

radulan, nice work!

The coke seems popular this week.

Click here for larger image

This is my attempt at the stool and tadpole.

Attachments

Here is my coca-cola can in a sandstorm. The models were created in Blender along with most of the textures. Additional textures, post-pro, and composition were done in Photoshop.

Attachments

I must say… i would like to spend more time on the feather/fur…

and for the umbrella… well lets hope it doesn’t rain… like it has been doing here for the last few days… :stuck_out_tongue:

Attachments

Everything i make ends up looking like stool,
i should enter.

@lumpycow: what an awesome bird that is! really nice feathers!

one more complete entry needed to avoid a rollover this week

Here is my take on the stool(wireframe included). Textures were done in Blender, Photoshop, and Wood Workshop

Attachments

hope its not too late for these
/uploads/default/original/3X/2/d/2dd98ab09256b681e83046a599b0dc394180cd76.JPG

umbrella in storm only blender

/uploads/default/original/3X/2/f/2f1f98d5cd6d3a972d43cc92413505acd18c6ca1.jpg

tree infront of real trees, image source unknown (found on harddrive)
photoshop for text.

@lumpycow: That hoopoe looks amazing! So does your umbrella, but the hoopoe… Awesome work!

entries closed