Blender Week Day Challenge #0069 (ENTRIES CLOSED)

http://www.blenderchallenge.com/banners/bwdc04.jpg

Welcome to the Blender Week Day Challenge #0069!

The list is made up of three organic and three inorganic topics and participants choose one of each category to model. Participants need to pick two items off the list to model (one from each category).

For examples of previous entries please see the gallery

All the models should be original. You can use any software you want as long as you use Blender somewhere in your modeling workflow. Also please state any non-blender software you have used for your model.

If you’re feeling generous why not add the models you create for this challenge to the Official Blender Model Repository and if you want to make your blend files available under the Creative Commons Attribution-Non-Commercial 3.0 Unported Licence just email them to me at [email protected] and I’ll host them on the www.blenderchallenge.com website.

Any wireframes posted will be added to the voting thread (If you don’t know how to make a wireframe check out the tutorial)

Check out the BlenderChallenge.com website for the full list of rules, challenge archives and all the latest news.

Note: If you post up more than one render of your model (excluding wireframes) please state which one we should use for the voting thread.

Extended Deadline: 18:00 GMT (12:00 Noon Central Time) 2010-06-25

Organic:
Zakumi (World Cup Mascot)
Rhinoceros
Gazelle

Inorganic:
Vuvuzela Horn
Jabulani Football
Goal

Apologies for the very long downtime, I’ll try to be more ahem regular in getting the challenges up in future… :o
Hope you like the World Cup theme, Go England!! :smiley:
Josh.

Excellent! I am glad this contest is back.

My rather mediocre attempt at making zumaki or whatever he is called.Enjoy!

Actually, this is the first character I’ve ever modeled, so I’m pretty impressed with my work…

I’m so bipolar :stuck_out_tongue:

Attachments

Thanx to blackcougar for notification! I have no much time for this but i’ll try!
Here is my Rhinoceros and Vuvuzela Horn
If somebody wants, here is my Rhino file. The model is not perfect:evilgrin: but can be used as still object

Attachments

Rhinoceros_sf.blend (870 KB)

I also have not much time. I am happy to see the BWDC going again.

My football.

Attachments

I would love to have time to rig and pose a nice shot of Zakumi kicking the ball :D.
I also would have liked to finish the hands properly, and texture the spots and his mouth and nose. But I will blame lack of time as well.
All blender, rendered internal. Zakumi and Jabulani football.
Great subject! Very inspiring.

WIP and .blends available here.

Attachments

Only two complete entries so the competition is extended til next friday, remember you can update your submissions if you need to.
Extended Deadline: 18:00 GMT (12:00 Noon Central Time) 2010-06-25

Here is my vuvuzela.
And my gazelle.

Blends are of course free for any purpose.
Please feel free to upload them blackcougar.

Attachments

gazelle.blend (744 KB)vuvuzela.blend (353 KB)

Warning: This is meant as a joke…

Here’s my Vuvuzela Horn model and a depiction of what I’d like to do with it…

P.S. If you don’t recognize the character, please don’t comment, the humor is way above your head…

Attachments

C’mon guys get those entries in! Where is your competitive spirit? :confused:

I’m really happy that this contest is back! I love how the WDC’s in particular are amazingly good at getting me to try new things. This time it was my first time playing with multires, as well as first time trying to make true particle grass… which I think is kinda amazing that I hadn’t done ether of those before now… :eek:

I think I have the goal accurate to the ones being used in the wold cup this year, but I only found one reference picture close enough to make out any details…
And yes, I’m aware that I hybridized two different species of rhinoceroses, live with it. :smiley:

~ATSkill

Attachments

Entries Closed, I’ll start the voting thread at some point this evening :wink: