Blender Week Day Challenge #8 (Entries Closed)

Hi guys, never entered one of these before but here are my images. Im only doing it cause its good practice cause i know i have alot to learn.

• My abacus image was corrupted or something, i will upload it again soon.
    PS. Y can’t we use textures?
    Cheers.
    Leon.
    Added Abacus

Attachments

It was mentioned that I should render the image. My feelings on this is that I should have a screen shot to best show off the wire frame with a preview. Also if I post the user interface I have running and someone has sugestions on how to improve it to improve work flow that may happen as well. Thanks again for the feed back. May try the rendering next week.

The reasons!

1. The skills involved in texturing a model are different from the skills needed for a good model. As this is a modelling challenge we decided that allowing textured models in the voting thread gives an unfair advantage to people who are good at textures.
  2. In a still render textures can make it hard to judge the quality of your model.

The end result is, only untextured renders will be displayed in the voting thread.
If you want to post a textured render as well for the entry thread, feel free to do so, but make sure you post an untextured render so that we can put you in for the voting.

Quinthanius: Screenshots are fine :wink:

I agree. I asked a silly question. I thought about it later and im glad no textures are allowed. It makes sence.
Thnx.
Leon.

This is the first time I’ve done this on this site.
As you can tell I got a little Particle-happy for some reason. Anyway, I had this really great dandelion that was white and looked really cool but then I hit save and the power went out. :eek: When I got back into the computer it hadn’t saved. :mad: So I made the cartoony looking Dandelion instead, which I like, but looks funny. shrug

Attachments

entries closed