Blender won't render the animation! Only one frame!

Hey, I’m not sure what’s going on but…for some reason Blender will only render one frame…even though I’ve specified it to render frames 1 - 1000, 1001 - 2000 and so on…
I’m not sure what’s going on O_O

You don’t give us many info to help you, and my crystal ball never worked.
Maybe you just clicked “RENDER” instead of “ANIM”.

Sorry, I…don’t know what info to provide. :confused:
I think it’s just the school server…I’m rendering overnight on multiple computers in a school computer lab.

Hey, I just recently had the same issue. Currently running:
Mac OSX 10.5.8
8 Core, Intel Xeon
ATI Radeon X1900, VRAM 512

Project I’m working on for upcoming commercial had that same issue on one of my renders. After trying changing my render output (PNG image sequence is what I started with and what I want) I tried JPEG, H.264 and QT file formats and finally got an error saying that it didn’t like my output folder. I changed my output folder to something else (less buried in my “organized” system folders) and it seems to have fixed the issue.

I see that you posted quite a while ago, but hopefully others who may have this problem can fix it faster than I.

When you render, I suggest that you choose the MultiLayer output-file format for every processing step, up to and including your “final print.” This will generate one file per frame (therefore, put each file-group into a separate subdirectory). As your very-final step, one Blend file does nothing more but to assimilate the “final print” into a single delivery-file in “.MOV” (or whatever) format.

What does this do for you?

• Each step is repeatable or resumable. If it crashes during a render you resume starting with the file (“frame”) that crashed. If you’ve got more than one computer, dig 'em out of your closet an put 'em all to work.
  • Each step gives you an output file that is designed to be a computer’s input. Nothing is lost or compressed away. All of the generated information, not just the pixel matrix, is captured. (Yeah, the file is big. But, disks are bigger.) Whites can be “whiter than white,” blacks “blacker than black,” no problem: they’re just floating-point numbers.
  • If you need to make more than one delivery-file for whatever reason, you can do so. If you change your mind or need to tweak something, you can.

It’s the only way to go . . .