blender

hey wassup,
ive used blender for about 6 months but im not that good, but this site seems to be very helpful

just a question, how long does it take you guys to do one project, just out of curiosity?

Depends on the project, your skill level, your artistic ability, and practice. But you already knew that, right?

My projects range from a couple of days to several months, but it’s not steady work. I generally get in sessions of two to four hours, maybe more on weekends if I don’t get distracted by something. A couple of the longest running projects here are LOTRJ’s Stargate, and Wim’s Elisa. On the other hand, Cyborg Dragon knocks out “finished projects” in a day, my guess is he mostly spends the time waiting to see how the renders come out. You can do a forum search (Find threads started by x) to see the results.

Oh this has been discussed a few times already :wink:

Anyway, I usually take months to finish my projects. The longest one yet was about 4 months, of course, just as Orinoco said, I’m not working on it daily for hours but still…also, as for me, a lot of time is also needed for planning the project and gathering references, materials, ideas. Or let’s say: to make a concept.

ive been doing 3d for about 6/7 months aswell. spend so much time tweaking my old models (and browsing the web) that i haven’t started anything new in about 5 months, lol. but i have almost completed 1 human carictor and a living room:o

Wow sound like me.

You know when cd sees that comment hes gonna come here to defend himself : /
ive known about blender for about two years but i hardly work on it.
Im still on my first project.

I’m quite new at Blender too . . . but I am working on a portfolio - I expect it will take about a year to get about 10 Pictures and some sample animation!