Blender3d.com gallery

Galleries are to show what the application can do in terms of
computergraphics using the less possible resources of who look.
(less possible resources cause most of the interested people may be not
so much interested in downloading lots of Mb).
It’s obvious that any scene can have the camera moving, but is pointless
to move the camera for the most of the scenes (and rendering 5*30=150
frames of a really complex scene just for a skeptic is a real waste…)

BTW, there are already rendered animated scenes (from Dear Valentine on
youtube to Elephant Dreams), the gallery could have links to these in the bottom
of the page.

??? I have a 2d screen, ergo it’s all 2d even if a camera would move; then it’s just a sequence of 2d images…

3d or 2d has nothing todo with motion. La linea was one of my fav animations, and thats only 1.5 d !!! If your point is that there ‘should’ be more animations in the gallery then I agree, but those are far more work to create to the same level as the images are.

i have two 2d monitors. that means, i have 4d. just like cinema4d.
extra d -> extra pleasure.

.b

1D = a thought; 2D = a Painting; 3D = 3 Dimensional; 4D is 3D in motion :slight_smile:

[offtopic]
L0GAN: If 4D is 3D in motion, 3D is 2D in motion and 2D is 1D in motion?
[/offtopic]

I think that the gallery should be updated. The problem is what images to put there each month. It would probably help if the best works from BA gallery would be inducted to blender.org gallery.

Another option would be to make the gallery not monthly. By this I mean that new works could be added as often as wanted. This would remove the factor related to “abandonment” of the gallery.

I see gallery as a showcase of Blender. That’s why it is important to have it in good shape. I don’t see why it should not have animations and other works in it as separate categories too.

…whoa…I have three 2d monitors!!..that means I’m blending in 6D baby! I’m the man!

Seriously, I think a very simple solution to keeping the gallery updated would be to make it very clear, on each page, that there is an active community here at BA and, provide a link to the Finished Works forum page so visitors can see the “latest and greatest” works…problem solved.

blender3d.org has been my homepage for a few months, maybe because I sort of check the Blender Nation Headlines ever so often. I’m also not as expert a blender user as some many people here. I kind of rely on the main gallery for inspiration and I miss it not being updated regularly, and though Nick Park’s lil girl image is wonderful, I’m getting just a lil bit tired of seeing it there on the homepage.

Maybe the gallery is important no?