blenderartists.org creates a game ?

Will the game get published as BGE Demo?

I’ll help out if there is anything I can do, but my help is limited by what I can and can not do. I look forward to something like this happening again and good luck.

I have some assets here

I’m interested, but I agree with an earlier post that this will require managment/dedicated leadership.

Maybe someone will be able to do this?

ok i am sorry i try,d to read to understand this but i couldn’t, understand it, so how are you going to make a game her ^^!

why is everyone working on their own project and not working together for one goal. you can’t be self-fish. how about a purely democratic system where everyone decides on everything by vote.

for example stage 1. pick the genre, stage 2, decide on gameplay mechanics. i started my own threads. why don’t all of us work together, that way, it will actually be done than us fighting. Josip, are you with me on this.

seems everyone wants to breed their own eggs.

for example and pretty long time ago, i was proposing to create an environment for everyones blender games’ together, a construction case like little big planet shipping some bricks of code everybody needs basically to easily create something playable and fun without having super advanced python coding skills.

i still see a lot of different plattformer templates around here, but you still need a lot of additional python-coding for the mechanics of a simple plattformer and all of the templates just include the very basic mechanics. i have a bunch of assets and game characters for jump’n’run’s but still no time to learn how to code ai, advanced character movement and all the other stuff to make a game interesting. so the learning curve to put a simple game together is pretty steep regarding all the programming efforts beyond basic logics and a lot of free time i don’t have.

at this point it seems like this or a true collaboration of all artists here will never happen. anyway josip thanks for your code-bricks in your games, had a lot of fun building a game with them: http://www.blendswap.com/blends/view/77036

Can i submit my endless runner car videogame.It has a car in it that the player can get in and drive.

seems everyone wants to breed their own eggs.

for example and pretty long time ago, i was proposing to create an environment for everyones blender games’ together, a construction case like little big planet shipping some bricks of code everybody needs basically to easily create something playable and fun without having super advanced python coding skills.

i still see a lot of different plattformer templates around here, but you still need a lot of additional python-coding for the mechanics of a simple plattformer and all of the templates just include the very basic mechanics. i have a bunch of assets and game characters for jump’n’run’s but still no time to learn how to code ai, advanced character movement and all the other stuff to make a game interesting. so the learning curve to put a simple game together is pretty steep regarding all the programming efforts beyond basic logics and a lot of free time i don’t have.

at this point it seems like this or a true collaboration of all artists here will never happen. anyway josip thanks for your code-bricks in your games, had a lot of fun building a game with them

I have bee designing wrectified to allow modularity, to hand out very flexible template items to use to collaborate (generic weapon logic, generic tool example, inventory etc)

Any real collaberation only can occur, when systems all work together in a way that adds to each other.

There is a old version of omniweapon and actor proxy on blendswap

true that, and i have A LOT of RESPECT regarding your coding skills!

but like you said - the most stuff around here esc. looking through “Game Engine Resources” mostly doesn’t add to each other or the guidelines of a “system” of things that fit together and its hard to find all the stuff you need to do a simple platformer with some basic enemies.

i think a lot more people would create something with BGE or UPGE (<-tons of RESPECT for pushing the dev in freetime here too) if you can do something on the fly with the code bricks you basically need to make a basically interesting game - like character movement (+grabbing/throwing+pushing+pulling , a simple ai just running from obstacle to obstacle,etc…

most people don’t have the time and the knowledge to code all these things on their own and do a game on their own without help from others. i can’t dig into python to build these simple mechanics cause i don’t have the time for doing this beside all the obligations of life.

so i’ll leave the game ideas with blender behind until someone drops a package with all the stuff of logic you’ll need to simply put a platformer together. i dont know what other people think about this, but maybe i would even pay for such a template package.

until then i’m excited about your project and the features of modularity. if this concept could be inherited as a guideline for logic-modules and templates for games around here - it would be pretty cool!