With my minimal skills in actually creating a game in Blender, I wanted to at least make a game project, complete with a menu system and scoring. So, I decided to make a simple Rubik’s Cube type game to challenge my skills a bit.
Step one was pretty easy, I made a cube, textured and rigged. But now I face a problem. I need to find a way to dynamically rotate the armature bones within the game. I’m assuming I’m going to have to learn the python API to do this. If anyone can lend their knowledge, I’m all ears.
I’ll release the .blend file when it’s finished too.
Update (11 Nov 2007): I’ve been working on this project with macouno, who has pretty much took over with getting the scripting setup. Most of my contribution has been helping work out logic issues, but his skills well exceed mine in scripting. Anyways, here’s a quick video capture of the game in action, just to prove it hasn’t been abandoned.