Blender's GUI colour scheme.

(Dittohead) #1

How would you change the colour scheme for blender’s GUI?

Is it just RGB values or is it more complicated.

(haunt_house) #2

I would alter the cursor a little, but that’s exactly about it.

The rest is fine with me, readable, enough contrast, just okay.

HH

(Goofster) #3

heh, funny I was thinking abut this last night. I’m kinda into GUI design and stuff. I tihnk it would be very handy if the user could set the colors themself. altho I havn’t seen the source code yet, I’m sure this wouldn’t be too much of a hassle.

Roel

(LethalSideP) #4

Ooh, I’m thinking bigger stuff here. An XSI-style skin would be very nice indeed. Coz let’s face it, XSI is the SXI-est 3D app out there at the moment :wink: :stuck_out_tongue:

Anyone who points to Maya will be shot. :o :smiley:

LethalSideParting

(mrmunkily) #5

yhea! XSI’s look rocks! the box is nice too.

(Rob) #6

Ha, posts on the GUI usually result in a balistic arguement. Whats up everyone gone soft? :smiley:

Rob.

(valarking) #7

i think xsi may be attractive, but it is the WORST 3d gui i’ve tried yet. just plain horrible.

(RipSting) #8

OMG am I going to agree with Valar King?! Tried both XSI and Maya. I freaking took off with Maya. Can’t say the same for SoftImage (even though I’ve had it for longer). But kinda getting off topic.

I like Blender’s UI the way it is. Changing colors would be ok, but don’t re-arrange the interface or anything.

(MrPatel) #9

I wouldn’t want blender’s gui drastically changed. I like it the way it is, and the color scheme is great.

XSI has a nice gui, but to me blender’s gui makes the process alot more faster. I’ve been using blender longer then XSI so that might sway my opinion.

(rivenwanderer) #10

I personally would make the background a little lighter and the buttons a little more saturated in color… at least that’s how I’d play around with it at first. Who knows, it might look awful…

(harkyman) #11

When the source is opened we’ll (someone will) just create a new tab with sliders whose variables are linked to the color values of the different interface elements. It’ll have a Save button, too. You can keep it the way it is. You can make it wacky. And no one but you has to suffer.

(Dittohead) #12

HEY all I wanted was to change ‘crap-colored’ interface of blender.