Blender's interface

Is garbage. I tried, I really did. When I first tried blender to experiment with some cool 3d stuff, the interface baffled me. And so I have read all the tutorials I could find and have asked questions (this forum has been helpful), but jesus christ the UI is the most unintuitive piece of crap I have ever come across. Even the simplest tasks require browsing google, which I have done for hours, days, and months. It’s a shame because other than the UI blender is an amazing program. Just wish the developers weren’t a troop of mentally retarded gibbons.

… and pray tell, what kind of response are you expecting? :eyebrowlift2:

Sorry to disappoint you.

Blender’s interface is completely unintuitive if you have only used other 3d software. It is very internally consistent, but has a rather hard learning curve. Once you have got the hang of it, though, it is really much faster to work with than other 3d software (such as Maya).

feel free to try other 3d programs… there is none with an interface that doesn’t suck

2.49 or 2.5?
2.5 is really, really good.
Everything is very well organized.
Of course it will take a while to find yourself comfortable, as any other apps after all.
If we speak about common adopted GUI paradigms, I don’t see any particular issue or big difference from 2.5 and other apps.

it takes years to learn blender properly :stuck_out_tongue: if you give up, you’ll hate it; if you dont give up, it’ll become your life

post removed

Cool story bro’

Reaches for lock/ complaint button

Don’t let this degenerate as these type of threads usually do. We’re all allowed to have opinions, if dochsroomed doesn’t like blender, that’s his choice and his alone. Let’s be mature about this, ok

Richard

I can understand if you didnt use it all how it would be difficult to learn but its really really not after you get the hang of it. It actually shocks me and kindof actually makes me feel better about myself as I thought it was quite a simple program to understand. I use blender and have used it since 2.49 but mainly it was 2.5 I learnt everything through, If i went back to 2.49 I would have NO idea how to do half the stuff I can now. The blender UI in my opinion is SOO MUCH BETTER than e.g. 3DSMax’s. its just so cluttered and all the buttons to do everything are ESSENTIALLY on show which makes learning the program so unbelieveably difficult hence why I rarely use it(2011 version). Just give it a chance again and you’ll see how unbelieveably simple it is to use. In blender if asked to make a certain thing I could probably make it without too much difficulty depending on what it is but to do the same thing in 3ds max I can tell you right now straight away I would have NO idea. and Blender is Inituitive e.g. Grab = G, Rotate = R, Search for a function(SO USEFUL) = Spacebar. whats not intuitive about that?. I dont think you tried. You can’t have, You just cant have.

also just to clarify, Im not bashing 3DSMax in the whole but I loathe the UI, its terrible. the program though is pretty sweet though lol. Blender is just awesome allover!

Sorry, but how can this thread degenerate any more than with the initial post?
So it is mature and ok to spam the forum with stuff like this:

?

He does not say what version of Blender.
He says he really tried and seeked help in this forum, signup March 2011 with 11 posts? Either he did not try, or he´s a troll with an alternate account.
He just calls the Blender UI crap and the devs retards, gives no indication where the UI is inconsistant or what bugs him at all.

shakes head

Just wish the developers weren’t a troop of mentally retarded gibbons.

Warning from your friendly neighborhood mod. That kind of attitude is not welcome on the forums. You are welcome to call Blender a POS, but instead of insulting the devs, tell us why the program sucks (in your opinion).

A thought occurs - why not make your own 3d program. That way it will be perfect! I can’t wait!