Blenderton hotel - london

I like your day shots. Very very realistic.

Very impressive!! The building and the vehicles details looks perfect.

Steven

After 2x21h of rendering (at 64000 samples per pixel), I have a new version with day and night lightings and several effects : natural, comics style and black and white photo. Some details have been added in Photoshop Elements (flowers in pots, some curtains, the puddle on the night view…

I put here just 3 images. You can see them in higher resolution on my site (just click on each images to display the large one) :

http://3d-synthesis.com/47-BlendertonHotel.html

sigh. I really want a rolls-royce. Are you basing the architecture on anything specific?

No precisely. I modelled from imagination following the image I had built in my head from a while, but I took some details on a building, some others on an other one…keeping the style and according to my feeling. Two months ago, I saw on the TV some old episodes of “The Avengers” (Chapeau melon et bottes de cuir), and I kept in mind some shots that I liked a lot.

I have watched a lot of photos on the web, and spent some time to study english and american styles for my creations, because I like these styles which are not common here in France. Some time ago, I studied Georgian style for my US police station, and recently I decided to work on a British theme, so I started to watch around, and gathered details about Victorian style, K6 phone booth… and also Luxurious English cars ! I modelled them only from photos with very few dimensions, and so it took a long time !

I would like to model also a red bus and a typical black taxi… and maybe a policeman in far background…

The B/W images look like real photographs… Great work…

VERY BAD NEWS : You may have noticed that all linked images have disappeared.

The reason why is that my web host provider has some HDD failures and my website is down for already 3 days.

I have just looked at my FTP server, and all directories are empty !

I hope that they have my data saved somewhere else in a RAID, or a distant site, because I had around 10GB of data, images, videos and blend files on this server, and with my low upload bitrate, it would require several weeks of constant work to restore my site from my side!

As this site is my only showcase, I’m very worried formy business…

I cross my fingers…

Well, they actually lost all my data (over 10GB) . I spent 5 days almost full time to upload my site again, and when I was at 8.5GB /10GB restored on the ftp… BAM, new disk crash, and THEY LOST AGAIN all my website content !

I thought I would have better change to an other hoster, but I discovered that even other shared hosting platforms don’t provide RAID mirror in case of crash…

As I have not enough knowledge (and money) to manage a dedicated server, I don’t know what to do…

EDIT : Well, decision taken and action engaged : I launched a transfer procedure to an other hoster and registrar and sent an account cancellation request to my current hoster.

The transfer will require around a week + upload and settings on the new platform… I fear tht my website will be offline around two weeks.

I hope that it will don’t lose to many ranks in search engines…

The nighttime shots look really impressive.

I see your site is up and running now.

Great work so far.
My only critique would be that for the night scene the street lamps would be much more luminous than the hotels walls. In the latest render the street lights almost blend with the hotel walls.

You could add a bit of flare/blur in post processing or save as an hdr and experiment with the tonemapping.

This is fabulous work. The modelling is awesome, and the cars are nothing short of superb. They deserve their own individual scenes.

I would suggest that you add some geometry to the road, and by that I mean make it less even, and also add some camber to the road, as well as stonework at the edge of the road where it meets the pavement.