Blenderville over for now

(pofo) #1

Just did the last update on Blenderville.
It didn’t come very far during this summer and I think maybe starting out with a ready made map maybe wasn’t the best way. Anyway, I had fun and hope you did too.

I might start it up again next summer if noone wants to pick it up before then.

The .blend can still be found on my site for a couple of days, check here:
http://w1.185.telia.com/~u18510119/blenderville.html

1. pofo

(valarking) #2

i never heard about this. what IS blenderville excatly?

(pofo) #3

I put the old page back up for awhile: http://w1.185.telia.com/~u18510119/OldMainPage.html
Some of the links won’t work.

1. pofo

([email protected]) #4

Hi pofo,

Blenderville over??,

and just when the village get`s noticed
by another 3d web site:)

http://www.deathfall.com

dale

(basse) #5

I personally liked the blenderville idea so much, that if the people who first started modelling something to it, still want to continue, and of course, if there are new people interested… I am willing to host the whole thing…

how about it??

.b

(MoreK) #6

Well that would be GREAT! I still have work to do with my house. You could send new info about the project, I have seen lot of new members around Elysiun. We may get couple of new citizens in the town.

(pofo) #7

I personally liked the blenderville idea so much, that if the people who first started modelling something to it, still want to continue, and of course, if there are new people interested… I am willing to host the whole thing…

That’d be great basse :D, hope you decide to do that

(S68) #8

Yup, don’t let the project die… ther’re so many places still to build :slight_smile:

Stefano

(LaWMan) #9

Yeah, let the project survive. I did not know about it and I would love to get into it - sure there would be lots of people willing to keep it up and running

(CubeFan973) #10

Definitely not. I didn’t like the part you sent me, as the hypercube houses weren’t suitable for something as raised as that was. However, the project was really great.

Too bad.

(basse) #11

then it’s decided… I will continue the project.

pofo: I’ll be sending you some email about the stuff… and we’ll talk about it later…

others: I’ll post the new link as soon as the page is set up.

in the meantime: new suggestions/ideas to the project are welcome… I know I have couple if my mind…

.b

(kai_yak) #12

Im glad basse will take over cause this is a great project.

Thanks to pofo for starting this and to basses for continuing.

Now back to building.

/Kai

(S68) #13

I’ve got an updated building… :slight_smile:

Stefano

(basse) #14

soon! :slight_smile:

I already downloaded the site… but I need to do some work on it … and check out how it’s done, generally… I’m planning on adding some automatic features to it… let’s see…

.b

(rndrdbrian) #15

BlenderVille sounds like a lot of fun… Just imagine if we could do an animated real time walkthrough of the village?

That would be cool.

Brian