BLENDING LIFE - Anetta (nudity)

My main critic is about the proportion. You might want to scale down the head little bit. From bottom of her jaw to bottom of breasts are somewhat short. maybe it is the angle, if you post a front render, we can judge it better.

Thank you @plec! Shure I’l be posting more renders.
Nice work on your page man! Hope you will also join the contest.

Can somebody ansver the question abaut the other things?

Especially the one abaut the graphic card.
Will a better one speed up texturing with GLSL materials?

Trying to make a decent UV layout…

Attachments

The uv layout looks like it will work, but if you are planning to paint out any seams using a 2D paint program - brace yourself. You might want to have a straight seam down the leg like on the arms for starters. The seams on the sides of the torso look like they could be softer as well. There are ways in Blender to fix seams with multiple uv layouts rather than painting the seams, so it isn’t crucial, but it will probably make things easier if the edges of your uv layout are a bit straighter/smoother rather than trying to make use of every last bit of texture space.

Smoother UV islands line up nicer anyway. :slight_smile:

I plan to do it this way:
http://www.vimeo.com/1377005?pg=embed&sec=1377005
Noone has still ansver me what speed’s it up.
If the whole thing get’s to slow, I’l delite parts of mesh where I’m not working on.
After that, I think it will not be a problem to bring together all the difrent UV-s in a
2D app.

The answer is ‘yes, definitely’ :stuck_out_tongue:

Thank you!
Does it also affect the sculpt mode? (probably yes)
I have problems with that also.
Has anyone a recommendation for a graphic card?

Attachments

When I switch to lighted mode, moving objects (lamps, vertices, whatever) becomes so slow that it makes this mode basically unusable.
I think this is a Blender problem, not a graphics card problem.

Except for the shaded mode problem mentioned above, Blender runs fine even on very low end onboard graphics chips. I’ve used it with some S3 onboard chip (I think) and an Intel GMA 950. Both were fast enaugh. The S3 chip didn’t run FS2004 satisfactory, while the GMA 950 even ran UT2004 at maximum settings at what felt like 30+ frames per seconds on 1024x768.
The only annoyance with those onboard chips was that graphics errors were common enaugh to be noticeable (fonts position wrong on Blender’s buttons, graphics not being updated correctly as the mouse is moving over the buttons, line between the left and right 3D view port flickering, stuff like that).

The 8600 GT is a good card (from an economic point of view). It runs most current games quite well (UT3 for example), some demanding but older games extremely well (e.g. Doom 3), and some very recent very demanding games unsatisfactory (Crysis Warhead comes to mind).

The 8800 GT runs Crysis Warhead quite fluent on “mainstream” (2nd lowest of 4 possible settings), and sometimes on “gamer” 2nd highest of 4 possible settings) depending on the level’s complexity.

My assumption is that those games are displaying graphics that is much more complex and much more heavy on polygons than anything anybody of us is currently modeling in Blender. That’s why I think it must be an implementation problem and that you do not need a new graphics card.

We’re getting off-topic here.

Yeah, that’s because in ‘lighted’ mode, afaik, blender actually does a really low-feature cpu render of the scene and turns it into vertex colours, instead of using any kind of shader acceleration.

You are a very talented modeler! Usually when I get to the hands (if I do) I’m already tired and try to finish them quick and there’s when I screw it up.
we want to see more :slight_smile:

Thank you @onnevan. You just keep on trying.
It seems like I’m screwing something up here also.
Getting this artefacts after I bake textures. Everything was ok when I did the torzo,
but than suddenly…

Can somebody tell me what is wrong?
I’m slowly giving up here…:frowning:

Attachments

I have open some older file and it looks ok here now :o

I think I lost my concentration. I’m Going out to drink somthing.
This is how far things can get if I’m out of focus :smiley:
I hawe no UV seams problem but the workflow is wery time consuming.
I’m following this tutorial up to 07.50

and than I’m blending the images
in a 2D app through layers. I call It Blender’s ZAPP LINK :eyebrowlift:

Cheers!

Ps: sorry for my B.A.

Attachments

Paul Fedor, in Creative Essence: The Face, says you should use a 4k map for the head, and for a full body (7 heads) a map 28k tall. Final map built up by compositing sections of course.

Can somebody tell me what is wrong?
I’m slowly giving up here…:frowning:

disable the mirror modifier when texture baking ? , then enable it after baking ?
:slight_smile: