It’s been agonising (well, not really) choosing a subject for this contest. But I have.
Sir Alec Guinness.
I have some reference images, but finding large clear ones is going to be the main challenge. If anyone knows where I might look or has them lying around then that would be much appreciated.
On the other hand, this is a contest, so I understand if you don’t want to help.
The rest of my potential list - I don’t mind if people have a crack at these:
- Sweeney Todd (Johnny Depp)
- Freddy Mercury (so close to choosing this one…)
- Anthony Hopkins
- Kramer (Seinfeld)
- Alec Baldwin
- Stephen Fry
- Hugh Laurie (I think someone else is planning to tackle him as a subject)
- Jack McBrayer (Kenneth from 30 Rock)
- Jason Bateman (Arrested Development)I know, I know, it isn’t actually a celebrity modelling competition. But I get the feeling that someone recogniseable is going to help. As for there being no females on the list, I have been working on a female character study http://blenderartists.org/forum/showthread.php?t=117247 for months and I wanted to choose a male subject for a change. Wrinkles and facial hair provide more chances for detail too.
No WIP image yet, hope to get some done today.
Let the fun begin!