blending more architecture

I’d like to show some of my work at http://www.digitalbitedesign.pl where I have some 3d archiviz done in Blender (most of it). Just some more visualisations showing that you can actually earn some money using this software and have fun. :]

Wow those are very professional looking renders. I especially like the second one of the campus. The lighting looks great. I can just picture it on the big projector in front of a business ooing and ahhing the pretty pictures. :slight_smile:

I’m just starting my own business pretty much identical to yours (don’t worry I’m in Australia so I’m not going to steal any of your business ;)) Doing Archevisualisation for clients, it’s pretty fun.

Excuse me if some of these questions are a bit out there, but just getting into it myself, I’m very curious. But feel free not to answer if you feel like it:

How long have you been in the business?
How long did you spend on these pieces?
How many customers have you had so far?
Do they pay you well?
Whats the biggest problem with your business, getting enough customers?
In your opinion where is the best place to advertise?

I eagerly await your answers!

Your site is dead :ba:

Nah man click one of the links in the header.

the link says www.digitalbytes.com, but the text says www.digitalbytes.pl.

i’d love to hear some answers to redbyte’s questions… pleeeeeease?

it seems it’s one field i can go to here in our place… (animation here is not really an option for me, yet, since no one is willing to pay that much for the effort)

redbyte!

>Wow those are very professional looking renders. I especially like the second one of >the campus. The lighting looks great. I can just picture it on the big projector in front of >a business ooing and ahhing the pretty pictures.

Funny you should say that, because lighting gives me most frustration when I do anything :] And I don’t think they look really pro, but I try.

>I’m just starting my own business pretty much identical to yours (don’t worry I’m in >Australia so I’m not going to steal any of your business ) Doing Archevisualisation for >clients, it’s pretty fun.

Let’s coop then! I’d love to make some 3d stuff for clients all over the world.

>Excuse me if some of these questions are a bit out there, but just getting into it >myself, I’m very curious. But feel free not to answer if you feel like it:

No prob - I know your curiosity since I also want to ask these questions :smiley:

>How long have you been in the business?

It’s really very hard to say. I started Blender for real at the beginning of this year and that’s when I got my first job in it but since I’m working at architecture office it was like day to day task - I’d like to put some more energy into it. Then some of the jobs where caught by chance - one I had just from being on a party and this one guy heard that I could do some real stuff for him, so I was drunk and I didn’t refused. Then I ended working all week about 12-14 hours a day :] But I was in 3D long before that - never making it some real deal.

>How long did you spend on these pieces?

Campus thing I did I think in about a week (and yet remember I was learning a lot of things and reading a lot of manuals and tutorials, so I wasn’t as fast as now). Five days of 8 hour work and then 3 days of setting it all up and rendering (gosh - I did exterior with Yafray - it was a suicide! about 1,5 - 3,5 hours per render! never again!). And as I said some of stuff I did in office, so I had to split my tasks into cad drawing and making viz and some other things.

>How many customers have you had so far?

Five I think (but keep in mind that one of them is the office I work at and I did some little things there also)

>Do they pay you well?

I wasn’t aware really about the prices, so I’ve underpriced myself. Now I wouldn’t go below 400 euro per some really simple things up to 1000. And some REAL things I would price according to materials I have, scale, number of views, etc, etc.

>Whats the biggest problem with your business, getting enough customers?

You have to be aware that I’m really a newbie in the biz, so maybe I’m not the right person to answer. Right now for me the problem is to find more customers and since I have a daytime job - I got problem with time :]

>In your opinion where is the best place to advertise?

I haven’t thought about it till you asked! I think I’ll try with google. But for real I wanted this website to be a portfolio of mine so I could find my work to people I find, not the other way as for now.

>I eagerly await your answers!

So here they are. I hope I haven’t failed!

garuhhh!

Actually both domains work just fine. I just changed the post to .pl because I realised that at that time .com hasn’t been working (freshly registered) and thus I thought link would change also if I just change the title.

Where you from anyway, garuhhh?

No, it was really dead :slight_smile: (there was no page at all, just blank).

It’s working now. Looks nice :slight_smile:

Some really good pieces you got there ! Great job !

Where you from anyway, garuhhh?

as what my profile says, from the Philippines! :smiley: the province of pampanga.

Ah, right, I haven’t noticed it at first sight! :confused:

Let’s get with redbyte into biz and we’ll have a Philippean + Australian + Polish cooperation :smiley:

Sandking,
just saw your work…i am an architect and know solid modelling and rendering in blender…though mine are way below par compared to yours. However, I just loved the composted pictures of the red building with the white window squares. What I would like you to explain(pleeeeeeeeeaaaase do) is how did you manage to insert the model so perfectly into the pictures and could you briefly explain the method , whether it was done in blender or in gimp later as in post pro??
chela69

Let’s get with redbyte into biz and we’ll have a Philippean + Australian + Polish cooperation :smiley:

yeah! why not?! here’s my first house

garruhh - Nice job. I posted some comment in your thread.

chela69 - it’s really very simple. First you have to keep in mind that this building is designed for this place, so it’s no generic place, which makes it a bit harder. When I was modelling I knew places from where shots were taken and I placed cameras there using by default 35 mm, by I tweaked it a little so it would match better. In 3d/camera view window I used my image as a background and I tried to match as closely to the picture as I could. You also have to keep in mind light setup so shadows on picture are similar to those on render. You also need proportions of render to be the same as of picture (which makes compositing a bit easier later on). Now you have three options - I took the hardest since I didn’t have time to play with nodes and render layers and it’s still not my strongest side. a) render it, take it to GIMP, cut it, match it with perspective tools, a bit of painting on the edges making it softer b) render just the building so you either use alpha layer or selectively get rid of the background colour, c) use compositing nodes inside blender to render building already with background image. With the last option it’s harder to play with colours, colout intensity etc. and also you can’t easily mask any errors with a paint tool. So my guess is that b) is the best solution. c) takes much more tweaking. Also you have to keep in mind colour matching, so render doesn’t seem unnatural (I faded mine render a bit, because photo looked a bit bleak). And don’t just paste render on photo - keep in mind tiny details that could be in front while they are masked by your render (people, some poles, front leaves/trees). If I remember some more tips, I’ll try to post it. I could do some mini tutorial but I think it’s fairly easy.

One advice change the “clean white” in real life that color it`s not pure and it is a strain to the eyes :slight_smile:

thanks a LOT sandking…for the time and patience…thanx encore
chela69