Blendinglife - Woman (Finished)

image below

Some upgrades made. (most notably, eyes, jawline, clothes)

Looks a lot better;) The only thing i’d like to point out is that she has some overly red spots on her nose, under her eyes and some orange on her cheek that lok a bit like allergic reactions or partly recovered bruises to me…
The hair could also be better, it goes in some quite odd directions now

Strange that you should mention the nose. Some people thought that as being “realistic” pigmentation or something.

The orange on the cheek, yeah i think i see what you mean… it is supposed to be red tinting.

And yeah… the hair… its starting to annoy me and i will propably redo it completely at somepoint.

Okay image updated. Eyes got whole new set of parameters (should sharpen them) … .eliminated some bugs, and nodeworks got some clearing.

Testing with differend kind of hair… . Doesnt look too good. :frowning:

outdated

Ton of updates… and more rendering currently.

I would probably let the pendant hang a little lower.

Its a minor gripe, but the way it is now, it looks a little like its stuck to her instead of hanging from a chain.

Haha… You aint bothered at all that she looks like… mutant?.. :smiley: I mean the pendant is minor thingie on the overall thingy… :smiley: But thanks for noticing anyway.

I really like you model. Has a certain style but it has also strong anatomical errors. I did some photoshop paintover and liquify.

I’ll remove this image in one day or so. So it doesn’t clutter this thread.

I hope this help. :slight_smile:

*removed image. Not needed anymore.

look down

Trying to accomplisg “suggestions” but… failing.

The forehead is to short. It needs to be longer.

The upper lip shouldn’t be pouting out. Upper lip just goes in.

Keep on the good work.

I’ve been following this thread since the begining but really didn’t know how to comment. The good points in your image are the consistent color scheme, the lighting, the camera angle, the pose and the texturing. The composition & framing is almost there too but you need to free up some framing space above her head.

Anatomically, it is almost there too but there are a few details in a few anatomical features that are off enough to make the viewing “uncany”. I find the errors are all related to some curvature somewhere. 1) The eyeballs seem too large in their diameter and it makes the eye look very large even though their anatomical proportion in the face seems right. The large eyeballs makes the eyelids look flater than they should. 2) The Z-axis cylindrical curvature of the mouth is too flat. It looks like the nasolabial furrow is a result of the color mapping instead of true shading from the light. At this viewing angle, the far corner of the mouth should be recessed back much more than what we have here (and consequently, the former corner of the mouth too). Currently, the mouth curvature looks almost flat. 3) The nose is very sketchy and the tip / nostrils assembly is way too small for a naturally looking nose. It just does not seem to fit the face. It could easily be twice the current size without departing from anatomically correcness. So something between its current size and twice as large should give better believability. Again, I feel there is an issue of curvature there too. The curvature between the phyltrum and the start of the nasolabial furrow seems too flat. The nostril holes look like they are actually painted instead of getting natural shadows and this is distracting too.

The anatomy is almost there so don’t overdo the curvatures if you decide to correct that.

You may have modeled this from reference photos but side and face views of subjects don’t clearly show the different curvatures of the anatomical features. Those need to be infered from other, if possible extreme angle, views of the subject.

Thanks Ypoissant… Agh so much text… but what i understood i am on right track because the points you described there are things (luckily) that i am aware… just not sure how to correct… as i am not too keen on making too large changes on the geometry… Also i dont have any clue on what all those fancy names are you used there… this is after all my 2nd face model ever… .:S

Phyltrum is the central groove that descends from the nose to the middle of the lips. Nasolabial furrow is the groove that descends from the side of the nostrils down to the corner of the mouth (the smile fold).

Ah thanks…

outdated:

Okay… Took whole another approach to it… Decided to let go the “smiley face” … because i just aint happy guy… also it just doesnt seem to like it. Might return to it if the current look doesnt look nice. I am starting to get desperate with this frigging thing. Also not that i’ve scaled, moved and practically destroyed the original geometry concerning the lower part of face.

look up

Everything tweaked… Getting worse all the time… bah… looks like really pissed of la… uh… human.

The last picture looks really good. Its getting there. Dont give up. Her ear is flat, mount needs to be more outward necks a bit stiff. Goodluck
Giangmatric

Her hair looks a little odd at the top, maybe a little stiff,like she has too much hairspray in it. Have you tried giving her a part (slightly to one side maybe)? I don’t mean to complicate things, but that’s what stands out to me.

She slightly reminds me of that actress, Angelina Jollie (did I get that right? maybe spelled wrong)

You are 4’th who mentions that… I gues it should be good… but i dont see the likeness. Yeah the hair is on hold for now… trying to figure out the mouth area that is the main problem (to my eyes)