BlendMaster's Contest: Fantasy [Closed]

Hey Everyone! Welcome to my monthly contests. I plan on hosting these contests every month so that all of you can be challenged to improve your skills as well as your artwork in a fun and creative way. Each month, the contest will have a different topic/theme that is selected by the champion of the previous contest. This month’s topic will be Fantasy. The idea is to create an original render of a fantasy inspired scene. The theme is purposefully vague to allow more room for creative freedom. I wish you the best of luck!

Please share this contest with everyone so that we can hopefully grow the size of these contests. Specific rules and guidelines for the contest can be found on my website here: http://www.blendmaster.org/fantasy_contest/fantasy-contest

Only one submission is allowed per participant. After you submit your image here with your name, within the next 24 hours, I will upload it to the contest page. All submissions are due prior to April 28th, 2019. The winner will be announced May 1st, 2019.

The winner of this contest, if they would like, can have a time-lapse video, breakdown video, or step-by-step process of the creation of the final image featured on my website until the end of the next contest. Hopefully, as these contests grow more popular, I will be able to provide a better reward. So happy blending everyone, and please share this with everyone you can so that we can get as many participants as possible.

1 Like

2 Likes

somehow my blend file got corrupted so i had to start from scratch with not much time.

2 Likes

Oh no! :astonished: Starting over is the worst feeling ever.

1 Like

Here is my entry! This is Sting (as portrayed in the LOTR films). The big challenge for me here was that fabric as well as the floating embers. I hope you like it!

Here is the blend file. Please credit myself with a link to my Artstation profile if you use anything in it, as well as the two source credits below.

Source credits:

1. The wood texture file is from Poliigon and cannot be redistributed.
  2. The original pattern used to create the leaf border on the fabric was created by Manveruon. It has been modified to suit it’s use in the material.
2 Likes

Looks great, my original entry was gonna be something different but with 2 days left i couldnt do much.

1 Like

Thanks! Yeah, two days is not much time :frowning: Can you explain a little about the guy in your render?

1 Like

Human experiment of sorts. Lacks a lot of polish tho. Maybe ill continue the project and try and improve it for fun now. Also i saw your edit of which sword it is, i guessed it was from LOTR. You captured the feel very nicely.

1 Like