BlendMaster's Contest: Procedural Volumetrics - Objects That Don't Exist [Closed]

I just want to clarify, are you simply sharing the render with the community, or is this your entry?

nice. keep on blending :slight_smile:

1 Like

Just sharing. I made it over a year ago, so it would be unfair.

1 Like

My entry inspired by a tutorial of Jonas Dichelle and yours, it’s seems than i posted it on wrong page sorry for the mistake.

“13.5 BILLION YEARS AGO. (Blender Evee )” :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks for clarifying :wink:

No problem. Thanks for sharing!

Here’s my entry:

Have a bit of an issue with the smoke Adaptive Domain cutting off the emission effect to the right. If anyone knows how to fix that, it would be much appreciated!

1 Like

Here’s my entry, created from a single cube with subsurf+wireframe+array modifier, only one type of material (volume scatter), no post-pro. Cycles 512 samples.

2 Likes

My entry

Wow. That is stunning!

Rule 8 formulation is confusing if you are allowing glass shader.
You should write that : no object of scene should be rendered as Solid (except transparent or translucent ones).

At first reading, I thought that the only way to obtain an image for that contest was by adding textures to an environment using volumetric shader which can be really painful due to heavy computations that can be involved.
Edit : Oops. I came after the battle.:upside_down_face:

1 Like

I apologize for the confusion.

My entry. Great fun doing this just 8hours of rendering :smiley:
2000x2000 Cycles

3 Likes

Hey Everyone! It’s time to start voting. Please head over to the voting page and choose your favorite entry, and thank you to everyone who participated!

Many thanks.

1 Like