Blendswap Down?

I’ve been getting “unable to connect” message from Blendswap for the last few hours – anybody know what’s up?

Hi, page is down.

https://downforeveryoneorjustme.com/blendswap.com

Cheers, mib

1 Like

Well, that’s handy – thanks! :+1: It’s been down for a few hours now – anybody know what’s happening?

I noticed they recently changed over to a new site design. It’s possible whatever they’re using to host it is having some trouble. It was pretty laggy when I was on the other day so I wouldn’t discount it.

Hopefully they’re working on it!

Seems they do :slight_smile:
https://twitter.com/Blendswap

2 Likes

Ah, thanks! I’m not on twitter, didn’t spot that.

You’re welcome. Hope they sort their problems out but they have issues for quite some time now. Don’t know if any of what’s currently going on is related, though.

We are in desperate need of a Developer!!

Posted by mofx,June 19, 2018, 01:58 pm

As many of you may have noticed over the past few months the site has become more and more unresponsive and unreliable. This is because our long-time developer Jonathan got an amazing opportunity for a job and no longer has the time to devote to Blend Swap. So we’ve been without a developer for a while, I was hoping that I’d be able to find a replacement quick enough that no one would ever notice. However, that hasn’t been the situation.

Blend Swap does not make a lot of money so we are unable to hire a developer at their full rate, we really need to find someone that would be flexible and willing to work with us. This has been a struggle. So I’m asking for the communitys help. We need a CakePHP developer desperately, if you have experience and are willing to work out a payment arrangement please get in touch with us at matthew[@]blendswap.com

Our perfect developer would have knowledge of:

Infrastructure requirements:

• Digital Ocean
  • Linux server administration
  • SSH authentication
  • Good knowledge of Git is a must.
  • Node.js 4.0 + Npm
  • Great security practices.

Backend requirements:

• CakePHP 2.x and up
  • CakePHP REST(ish) API
  • MySQL 5.x and up.
  • Paypal integration.
  • Google for Work integration.
  • Composer dependency management.
  • Grunt tasks, builds and deployments.
  • Cron job management.

Frontend requiremens:

• Full knowledge of HTML5 and CSS3
  • Good knowledge of SASS preprocessing.
  • jQuery, Underscore,
  • Backbone.js + Backbone.Marionette
  • Require.js structure and build pipeline.
  • Bower dependencies.
  • Grunt tasks, builds and deployments.

Nice to have:

• Docker + docker-compose
  • Good knowledge about containerization.
  • Webpack build and deployment pipelines.

If we’re unable to find a developer that’ll work with us, I’m not sure what the future will hold for the site, thank you all for your time and help. -matthew

And it’s up again. :+1:

It’s up…ish for me. I can occasionally get it to load but more often than not I get an “empty response” error. If it loads at all it takes a long time.

I can get to the main page(after quite a wait) but nothing beyond that.

Aaaaannnnnnd…now it’s running like a champ!

Pretty slow loading time here. Browsing the galleries is not really recommendable right now. Probably still a lot of optimizing to do and some internal links seem to be broken/not yet activated.

Yeah, I reached out to them on Twitter. They’re working on it. Just gotta stay patient :slight_smile:

Aaaaannnnnnd…now it’s not responding, again…

This is happening all the time.

Seems like it’s happening right now, too!

I have been having issues with Blendswap too. I have been unable to log into the site since they went to the new website because all passwords were reset.

Unfortunately the password reset link gives a 500 “Houston we have a problem” error - has been for weeks.

And when it suggests you contact them for a resolution, the contact form throws the same error upon submission.

I’ve found it slow sometimes yet up for the last few days, but can’t access the contact form either. And my last “monthly” free downloads reset was August 16th. :rage: