BlenTips, a weekly Blender tip system. Should i do it????

(Dittohead) #1

Hi folks waves. :smiley:

i was thinking last night about making a small website that delivers a small mini-tutorial once a week. you guys could visit and sometimes send me a your own tips by e-mail.

i would setup a small phpbb forum on a server somewhere, (kib maybe here???), where people could comment, but not post there own threads.

would you enjoy having this? if so please comment and vote.

thanks for the comments!!!

and please don’t send me tips yet. :slight_smile:

(kos) #2

i would surely enjoy it…as i still don’t know many tricks.and about the weekly tutorials its also a great idea…untill the same old kind of tutorials are posted which are known to all.some new and interesting kind of tutorials should have to be there.

(acasto) #3

Or you could make a banner, that people could put on their blender related sites, that would alternate daily tips. So more people would see them.

(Dittohead) #4

i’ll be relying on some of YOU guys to supply me with your BleNowledge(excuse the bad jokes).

(Dittohead) #5

how would that work? :-?

a java applet, or just a link to the tip site, that automaticly shows a new tip from a database everyday?

(IngieBee) #6

I love the idea, do it. The banner is also a great idea, but all the tips being accessable to anyone is also cool. Lets do it man!!!

(Dittohead) #7

im setting up a tripod.co.uk account now they have sql and php so i can set up a forum there!!! and i’ve already done it before so i know how to do now!!! :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

(dreamsgate) #8

I would love that, I love learning new tricks, especially if they make things easier.

(Dittohead) #9

well i’ve got some webspace and phpbb is setup, i’ll prolly have it all setup by the end of the week.

(valarking) #10

I did something like this a while ago, but nobody really cared so I just stopped. I’ll start up again if anyone really cares.

(Dittohead) #11

well i’ve set phpbb up, and everythings in place. :smiley: :smiley:

gonna setup a cjb.net address(maybe), and make the first tip.