Blood Cells

Just playing with the materials. :eyebrowlift:

Hope you like it.

Attachments

very cool!
I like that effect that those blood cells have - did you use SSS for that? Nodes?

Thanks.

No SSS or nodes, just plain materials. The trick is done using a ‘blend’ texture and in the ‘map input’, you choose Z axis only and a normal vector for texture coordinates.

tricky…
good job :smiley:

Thanx a lot man!

Ahhh the render is great but the concept is even better! Demonstrating microscopic things with 3D graphics! I love it!

What about making the wall of the blood vein more pronounced?

I like the concept a lot. I was thinking of trying to do some molecules but never got around to it. Um…are they in a capillary or a blood vein? In a capillary they would have to squeeze through one at a time I think. And the red blood cells have more of a dimple in the middle…more concave looking. But what you have done is good. I like it a lot.

Robo3Dguy:

Thank you very much.

What about making the wall of the blood vein more pronounced?
Originally that was the idea, but in the medical images the veins appears defocused, also, a blurred background makes a better contrast with the blood cells.

larryfulkerson:

Thanks.

…are they in a capillary or a blood vein?
Yes, they are in a big conduit.

And the red blood cells have more of a dimple in the middle…more concave looking
The details of the blood cells was determined after reviewing some medical images, but it vary among them, so I decided not to be so precise ;), instead, I wanted to recreate the effect of a scanning electron microscopy.

Hey, it would be nice to see that molecules

I hope I don’t interfere, but I made some molecules some time ago…here’s a water molecule:

Attachments

this one really does capture the classic “blood cell” illustration style, really nice work :slight_smile:

Did you reference the old Lightwave tutorial for this? I know there was a blender tute for this too at one time.

Good work though.

BgDM

There is a plug-in that reads .pdb file (protein database) into blender.
I always use ChemDraw to draw molecule, import into Chem3D, save as .pdb and then use that plugin to get the whole molecule in blender.
http://blenderartists.org/forum/showthread.php?t=81711

CarbonFlux:

Thank you man!

BgDM:

Not really. This was just a combination of the materials capabilities of Blender and some time to lose :slight_smile:

Thanks.

I see some copying going on, they look like biscuits, or flying saucers.