Blood Command - Feedback on short animation

Hi there!

I wanted to make a short animation of the cover of Blood Commands new album and this is the result. I know there are a lot of minor things (size, modeling artifacts, etc) that I could fix, but in general I don’t think that’s what’s missing. The lighting and materials/textures are a bit weak. I was hoping that I could make the art style more like the original album cover, but I gave up on that idea rather quickly realizing my skills are not up for the task.

Render of the last frame from the animation:

I tried first with the faces not being so shiny, but it didn’t look any better. So I think I have fallen in trap and I don’t quite know how to get up. I have a feeling a skilled 3D artist could have quickly changed a few parameters and it would have looked 10x better. So if anyone has any tips I would be grateful. Maybe there are a tutorial out there that could help me get a more suited/coherent art style? Or maybe a some changes to the lighting?

Album cover:

It is just something for Instagram to show some appreciation to the band on their upcoming release. This is a project I didn’t intend to put that much time into, but did anyway. So at the end of all the work I have learned alot, but still not happy with the results. I hope someone has a trick or two to make this better :slight_smile:

Full animation here:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/11i6jkN89VaIaW7-6pG4RzqLuBdk4J6MQ/view?usp=sharing

Nice art work !