Blue dishes

Hi everybody,
these models I did for a hotel project, as the hotel ordered this kind of dishes, tableware…
All done in Blender, rendered with Cycles, 1024 samples. Some post work i did with Darktable and Gimp.
Textures for the dishes i painted in Krita. That part was especially exciting :slight_smile:
I rendered it on my GTX 970, it took 56minutes, resolution 2500x2500.
Linux Mint 19.1 as OS.
Cheers!
Sinisa

59 Likes

Looks amazing!

1 Like

Thank you! I had lot of references to follow, so i was well prepared :slight_smile:

Yes, the materials look very, very, very good!

1 Like

This would definately pass for a photo. Really great job!

Thank you :grinning: I am glad you like it.

1 Like

Congrats’ ! Simple but very effective for such a great result :wink:

1 Like

Thank you :slight_smile:

I featured you on BlenderNation, have a great weekend :slight_smile:

Thanks Bart :slight_smile: Have a nice weekend too!

1 Like

I used this image in a class assignment to show the benefits of 3D renders vs photography in advertising (don’t worry, my teacher is the only one who saw it and it’s pure academia), and I got a 100%. Thanks :smiley: Also, lovely work :wink:

1 Like

That is very interesting, thank you :slight_smile:

This work is top-shelf, really good stuff, but imho an image this good demands a far better bg than a plain wood paneling wall… Personally, I absolutely would have had a window with a nice outdoor scene beyond (but keeping the dof blur).

You’re #featured! :+1:

1 Like

Thanks a lot !!!

1 Like

Thank you. I had that in mind, but decided to do keep it simple, to not distract much from the main focus. As there are already lot of small things on the table, which act as a main thing here. Ja, but it could be an option too. Absolutely. Greetings
Sinisa

Just adding food on one of your plates helps enormously to sell this as a photograph - it’s really got incredible attention to detail without going overboard.

My question for you is what are all those cubes around the setting in the wireframe? Like a box in a box in a box all concentrated in one spot?

Thank you :slight_smile:
These cubes are Irradiance Volume and Reflection cube map, because i started this scene to render wiith EEVEE first. But then i switched to Cycles. So, at the moment they don’t have any function :slight_smile: But later I will try it with EEVEE again :slight_smile:
Thanks for asking!