blur effect

i was wondering wether anyone could tell me or point me in the direction of a tutorial on how to do the blur effect on renders, so that things close up are nice and crisp then as u look further back in the picture it gets more blured.
cheers all.

This effect is called DOF (Depth of field) just search in the forum about DOF.
If you use yafray (an external renderer you can do this effect. Look here there is an explanation on how to achieve this .

ok, thanks man