BMW M3 from Need For Speed Most Wanted (Blender Guru Competition)

Cool i also want to make a car like this in blender but im new and dont know anything about the program ^^ could you possibly make a video or a noob textdock how to make a car step by step in blender 2.65 ?

Now it’s quite good, but if you insist, I can say that the blue decal on the front bumper is a little annoying… on the ‘new’ M3 (this one) it just doesn’t go further than the hood…

The latest render is awesome. I think the red lights are a little overly glared, personally…maybe if you put an RGB curves node in front of the glare and tone down the red, it would fix it.

So Great model
keep up the good work

@ Alecrix
Hey man, I’m flattered that you think this models is worthy of a tutorial. Unfortunately a video tut is out of the question (I have bandwidth problems) But I might be able to make a PDF tut for you. Drop me a PM if you’re interested.

@ Owldude and Impreza09
Update coming soon! I’m eternally grateful for all the wonderful cr*p flinging you guys have been doing. thanks a bunch! :smiley:

Heyall!
I have two versions of the car now, which one do you think is best?

BTW, I added a driver for the BMW as well.

@ owldude
I also toned down the red glare.

thnx
Guss

Hey all!
Final render (HD) @ 1920x1080 pixels 1000 samples. All Blender with minor post-pro in photoshop.

Thank you for your crits. Really helped alot!
Guss:)

Great result, if i can say something i would add some buildings in background or maybe chairs and tables, like in game :wink:

I’m on it.

it looks good maybe add some other props. I only played a bit of need for speed most wanted on my cousin’s xbox so I can’t recall much of what the scenery looked like.

But you gotta be one helluva crappy driver if a bunch of suv’s can keep up with you in a bmw m3 gt

Nah. I usually drive slow on purpose so I can get a chance at busting the cops.:evilgrin::evilgrin:

Update:

Guss :slight_smile:

really nice;) maybe try to add some stripes on the road :wink:

I think someone mentioned this before, it looks miniature, like its toys not real cars. (maybe the read texture needs to be smaller)
I dont like the colors/lighting…they seem… harsh?

@ DDD and bohy
Working on the points you mentioned… Thanks.
Will post update soon as I can.

I added lines to the road, and made the road texture smaller.
I also made the reflections on the SUV less ‘harsh’.