BMW Scene in realtime

wew i just finish watching this. So nice reflection and lighting. I can see it with 60fps too. But ya… that scene contains about 200k meshes :confused: i dont think it is ok for a game

Wow!! Someone with car rigging skills should do an animation with this… Would be interesting to see. 5*

No, I’m not millionair at all :P. My gpu costs €355,-. But the 960 is already a lot cheaper… maybe something for you? ~~€230,-

sorry, a bit offtopic?

I am 14, €230 is not for me:D If I could get at least €20 per moenth, but I get only €30 in Sep-Dec for school mark over 8 and ~€80 in Jan-May for school mark over 8 and good scores in olympiades(Latvian, Math, Music, etc.). Maybe you could tell me how to sell models(is it legal to do it without copyright, do they have GPL imediatly when I make them, can I sell them if I am not 18?..)?:smiley:

Sorry, I don’t know anything about that. http://bit.ly/1BlWjtk

I’m curious if you could use realtime reflections on the car instead of a reflection map, since it is just a tech demo?

This really does look great. Nice work, Mike! Great materials and “slickness” to the road. Have you thought about adding rain or other particle effects? Or is this as far as you wanted to go with it?

I think this is probably as far as I want to go with this scene. It was mainly used as a test-case for my EasyGame Blender addon. Since this is a ‘conversion’ from a cycles scene, a lot of the geometry isn’t really designed for performance. But particles and other effects would be cool.

Bakem danno

Hey Mike, realy nice work!
I’ve tested your blendfile on a UHD (3840x2160) Sharp display @60fps and 8xAA with a GTX-780 and it’s running perfect! :slight_smile:
We have some displays in our company. Can I use your work as a demo-content? :slight_smile:
We already have some AUDI and other interactive stuff, but I’m a big BMW fan. :wink:

Best Regards,
Patryk

Sure you can use this.

Looks awesome! I hope someone can rig it and get it to move. A moving tech demo for BGE looking like this is great PR for Blender.

This is really a beneficial information for the people who love this car and want to buy.

I’ve been learning Blender for a couple of years but it’s always bothered me that renders in Cycles and Blender Render take so long, especially when you compare the render times to Unity. I know the quality is not the same but it’s still awesomely good.
I am truly amazed at the speed of this, I did not think it was possible with Blender. Everyone seems so concerned with Cycles, and I do get it, but when it comes to animation BGE has got to be worth getting in to.
Thanks for this. Now how to learn BGE.