BOB - Brand Movie

After seeing the amazing “Blender is…” video, released last year, I got inspired by Karen Lee’s segment, by using Blender as a motion design tool, as a motion designer myself I want to focus on working with my 3D skills too, so I decided to create fake ad’s as personal projects.

For the first project, I have decided to create a soap commercial for a company called B.O.B (Bars over Bottles), it’s a Brazilian small company that focus on natural ingredients, eco-friendly products.

It took over 2 weeks to completion, from storyboard to final render, here’s the result:

:arrow_right: On Behance Project

:framed_picture: Styleframes:

:dart: Mission
It was very inspired by this Pantene Ad, so my goal was, if I managed to do 1% of this high end quality commercial, my task was accomplished.

Result
It was a great experience!
A lot of animations was using geometry nodes and the liquid simulation was done using Flip Fluid, it was hard since it’s my first time doing simulations, but I think it managed to give a good look.

Closing thoughts
I’ve receive a lot of positive feedback, some said it was lacking some shot’s with hair, to give a more explicit use of the product and a lot of people said they look delicious, which got me concerned, maybe next time I will do some candy ad haha!

Cheers!
You can check the next chapter of this saga here

34 Likes

simple and efficient.

1 Like

very cool!

1 Like

You’re on the #featured row! :+1:

1 Like

Weee thanks ^^

1 Like

Great! Congrats for the finish project.
I have a question about music. Where is it coming from?

1 Like

It’s from envato elements!

It does look delicious but it’s not a bad thing at all. One element that attracts people to products is making it look yummy, even though it’s not food. I’ve been in advertising many years but part of it is telling a story and making it look good. You’ve done a great job. I just discovered Blender but hope to create some goodness like this. Keep it up!

1 Like

I like it. The second scene (the one with the water and mints leaves if I am not wrong) is a bit too simple and the colours are a bit too bright. Also I would have used another font for the last motion graphic animation, but I guess that’s the font the company is using!

1 Like

As a creative director, I’d say the “black” scene/cut doesn’t fit in – it kind of distracts from the overall feel and vibe, being colorful… BUT by itself would be super cool (I love B&W) as it is more dramatic.

Maybe a good scene for a candy like black licorice?

1 Like

Thanks for the insight! I will keep this in mind for the next projects!
And Blender is a amazing tool! I’m sure you will do many wonderful things ^^

1 Like

Yeah the font is very similar, not my cup of tea either, but I decided to keep as close as I can.
As for the water scene, maybe it would be better if has other elements?
because my main inspiration was this scenes:

Yeah, thnx for the insight again Mike,
I have gotten that feeling that something was off, but couldn’t put my finger on it.
I will see if it’s worth creating this scene more colorful, or just try to keep this in mind next time.

It could be as simple as editing the dark scene out. It seems there is enough of the color scenes to be a complete spot.

Congratulations, this work has been nominated for the ‘Best of Blender Artists 2022’ award in the #geometry-nodes category! You can vote for it here.