"Body Snatchers" - Model a French manor, then a flayed human. Re-watch an old movie: and mix it all

Everything is in the title.
Always the same principle: try to learn the functions of blender, for digital 3D production. But as I go from tutorial to tutorial, with a little “disorganization” sometimes (unless it’s another way of organizing: see the metaphor of “the spider compared to the bee”, if you know), and so, having started a modeling here, a sculpture there… With the need to produce a finished image, I said to myself why not mix the two. And I rewatched a film that left an impression on me… In the end it looks like this : the mixture of the whole.
To complete the image, I thought of a cemetery (inspired by models of existing tombs), then I needed a chapel. This one exists: I found its model on the Net; what was curious (or a little less, if we know the current societal trend in France, going through a slight erasure of traditional History, unless I misinterpret it) is that it was for sale, possibly in spare parts it seems to me.
There you go. So, either post-apocayptic or horror… We should also consider positive things: why not a “radiant” future… Perhaps I will make the effort for other images.

Damn, I forgot to work on the texture of two tombs, on the right… :ghost:

Other version. Just to see what it looks like in black and white.

This for the sculpting model that I still haven’t finished.

And the Viewport.

[Selection test for the thumbnail image]

1 Like