Boeing 757

I have no ETA or plans about it. The model might be ready in 2019 or in 2080, depending on… everything. I built the model to be fitting for near future simulation quality standards as well as being just a render model.

Making an X-plane mod is so much more than just a 3D model, but if I happen to find a good team one day, it’ll be in some simulator eventually.

1 Like

Maybe it’s time for a small update:

Nose landing gear 99 % finished

Cabin started

7 Likes

This has been asked before (two years ago), but do you have plans for using this in a sim yet?

Oh man, has it been two years already? Yeah I have plans about using it in a sim but that’s about it. Maybe one day I’ll have motivation and time to finish the model, then I can start asking people and teams if they’re interested in working on this.

Progress has been kinda slow but here are two lazy screenshots of the rear landing gear:

2 Likes

Any idea if you want to do a payware or freeware project when you do find a team?

1 Like

I’m with a development team for MSFS, and we’re working on a 757-200 as well, but we are just starting out on modelling. If that seems like something you want to look into, I can give you my discord (or email) and we can talk!

Looks great I love the ceiling and pads above the windows, really adds to the realism of an actual cockpit

I aim for payware. One day. Or maybe it’ll just end up being parked in my virtual garage forever, who knows :stuck_out_tongue:

At the moment working and studying takes pretty much all my time so I don’t have time to think about porting stuff. Also, now as you are just beginning with modeling, I don’t think our qualities would match just yet. Thanks for the offering though.

1 Like

What is your poly count sitting at now? How are you keeping it so low while still maintaining such impressive levels of detail? I am trying to look closely to notice any low poly-ness about the model but I am not seeing it. Just looks high poly to me.

I am working on a helicopter and I’m already encroaching over a million polygons. Any pointers you can provide would be really appreciated.

I am also working on an Apache,This whole work is Amazing!

Yeah I got the private messages but I have not had time to answer. I’ll keep that in mind but I won’t do anything until I have the plane more finished.

1 Like

Roughly at 1.6 million triangles, without cabin around 700 000 triangles. It will not be a light one but I’ll model it for the future resources :stuck_out_tongue:

I don’t know if I have any bullet-proof method but I’ll cut every single polygon that will not be visible. Sharp corners are there, believe me :wink:

Hey I am interested in purchasing the landing gear ( minus the wheels/tires ) for a project if you want to PM me, we can discuss price. Thanks.

did you use any tutorials to create the cockpit windows? I’m struggling to create my own

Is this going to be for a simulator?

I would love to take this on board with my team and make it for a flight simulator! please PM me if your interested