boid health?

does anyone know if there is a way to access individual boid particle information from python?

object.particle_system[i].particles[j] gives you individual properties for particle [j] in system [i], such as velocity, position, and even ‘alive_state’, but not its health in the case of boid particles.

additionally, object.particle_system[i].settings.boids.health just stores globally how much health a boid starts off with; not individual health of each one over time.

as a final tease, object.particle_system[i].settings.show_health toggles the ability to see the health of particles in the viewport, but infuratingly doesn’t give you access to them to do anything useful!

i’ve got a neat little script i’m baking up that generates battling armies. it leverages a boids simulation and applies it to a set of actual animated figures (rather than using the limiting object or group instancing options). i can do neat stuff like trigger and blend different action strips based on particle properties, i.e. run/walk/stand based on particle speed, trigger death animations when particles change to dead, etc. but what i’d really love is to be able to trigger damage/attack/block animations. but to do it i really need to access all that wonder boid data that is apparently all locked away!

any help would be much appreciated!!

Great tips for sharing with us thanks…

I agree, it does look like access to health is missing from the API. You will have to invent your own system for damage management.

Nice thread post !! Thanks for sharing with us…

NYC dermatologist offers acne scar treatment manhattan, Restylane, botox nyc, skin cancer treatment, Radiesse and Juvederm in New York City.

Hello ,

Great info for shearing this site . But i have no idea that what is boid health . Boil health is diffidently know but boid health does not perfect .

stem cell training