bone and object selection problem

guys, i need help.

it takes around 10 seconds or more for me to select a bone or an object. whenever i try to select a bone or object in pose mode or object mode, it takes my computer 10 seconds or more to select the bone, armature, or object.

I’m using the 2.45 release. i tried switching back to 2.43 but i still have the same problem.

i’m using Pentium Core 2 (2.2 gig) processor, 1.5 Gig of DDR2, ATI Radeon HD2400 PRO graphics card and 320 gig of SATA hardrive ( partitioned 160 and160 gig )

I don’t have this problem before when i was using a slower computer ( Celereon 2.1 gig )
:frowning:

You know, I dont know, but I know there were some challenges using any ATI cards, so perhaps thats it.

I think, but am not sure, you have to turn hardware acceleration off in your options for the card.

You may want to post this question in Basics and also do a search there for ATI, or maybe they stickied it there?

someone recommended this driver… am not so sure… here… take a look.

What, if anything, does this have to do with animation?
Does it happen only in one file, or all files?
Does it only happen when Armatures are Parented to a Mesh?
Did you use Ctrl-P or an Armature Modifier? And are there any Cyclic Dependancies displayed in the Console?
Have you tried Appending the Scene to a new file?

I doubt it’s a display problem, but if you’re unsure you can upload a file and see if others also experience difficulty.

%<

I doubt it’s a display problem, but if you’re unsure you can upload a file and see if others also experience difficulty.

yah…good idea :smiley:

hey garuhhh! the driver you suggested worked for me! thanks a lot dude!

mabuhay blender!
:smiley: