Bone Heat Weighting: failed to find solution for one or more bones

I get this error everytime i try to auto weight my armature to my mesh. I remade the mesh from scratch and i get the same exact error. Help me get out of this loop please. Here are some pics of my mesh. The feet seems to always be the problem. On my previous model i tried to auto weight the model separated from the feet and the head and it kinda worked, but i ran into my next issue. I was unable to smoothly connect the parts again. I would appreciate any help.
Thanks (also i am new to blender and i would like to import this model to unreal engine 4)

Try remove doubles, If it doesn’t help then you have to share that .blend file, when skinning many things can go wrong, difficult to advice from only screenshots.

I removed doubles and corrected the faces but still i got no results. Can i send it to you from pm?

yes you can

Hi there, I sorry i was so busy lately. Today i opened your file and your problem is your model is not symmetric, To notice that do to the left-view with armature selected zoom close to the origin, and see how your mesh is a bit side way(too much meshes on the y-axis side toward the back-view).
There is so many things that are wrong on your file.
Here is some i found after a quick look:

• The mesh is too heavy, leave heavy lifting to the modifiers.
  • Always apply rotation, location and scale to your mesh and armature before parenting.
  • Make sure, before parenting all you meshes origins are in the same place.
  • Name your bones properly, this help when debugging your armature.
  • Get yourself familiar with the feature under w keys in bones edit mode

Please watch tutorials, they seem long but they help to know what is going on.

Everything that erickBlender says above is helpful and necessary. One consideration, after addressing ‘construction’ issues, is an Addon that I found helpful. Voxel_Heat_Diffuse_Skinning and Surface-Heat_Diffuse_Sklnning, found on Blender Market. It helped with several meshes that Blender had trouble weighting. Construction rigor remains the most important aspect, regardless of the tools

1 Like

The problem is posing in the blend that he had PM me was totally different from this commercialized addon

No problem Erick. Thank you so much for your time. Now may i ask what should i do to correct all of these mistakes? Also i followed this tutorial from scratch.

But its an outdated tutorial that doesnt explain things too much. I had so much trouble creating this. What can i do to correct all of these mistakes? Should i recreate the armature or the whole mesh?
(and if i chose to recreate the model what should i be aware of?)

@paulhart2 Are there any modifiers that can correct the problems Erick mentioned? I am a new guy so could you suggest me some modifiers so i dont mess up again?