Bone Layer Manager for Blender 2.8x

Gumroad is the latest stable release…

2 Likes

Hi, I downloaded this addon but there is an issue. when i check this addon in blender preferences it doesn’t show up in the panels, can help me with that please?

It is only visible if an armature is selected…

Oops, thanks man

1 Like

Continuing the discussion from Bone Layer Manager for Blender 2.8x:

Hey there, Fin!

There is a syntax error on the script the “Write UI to script” creates.
It’s pretty silly, it’s just missing a parenthesis on a random line.

1 Like

Nice… Yeah I’ve fixed this locally but was waiting on a bug report before committing a new release… I’ll push the update later… thanks

1 Like

Yeah, I imagined that was the case. No problem!
Also, thank you very much for this addon, it helped me a lot on a new rig I’m making :slight_smile:
Keep up with the great work!

1 Like

We nearly killed that ‘Write to Script’ function a while back… glad to see someone using it :wink:

Hey,
First of all, thanks for giving us this cool plugin!!
Now I have would like to ask, Is it possible to select controls using rigui or is it for visibility control only?

Just visibility… It doesn’t make sense to me to use it to select bones… sorry… but you can do that from the layer management panel…

Thank you for the reply. It would be nice if we can get the option to make ui only for selection or only visibility , toggle visiblity on double click. Something like that. For me its only missing this fucntionality.
Other than that, it is coming really handy.

1 Like

Why my menu don’t appear this options here?
aaaaa

How can I activate this functions?
Capturaraaa
This is how the layter panel appear to me.

Layer options are based on context… enter Edit or Pose mode.

1 Like

In 2.9, the console gets filled with this error, my guess is, one of the constant names has changed, I have not been able to ascertain that yet, tho.

If you would like, I can try to put together a test file. The one I am working on is pretty hefty.

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\Users\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.90\scripts\addons\bone_layer_manager\qconstraints_panel.py", line 548, in draw
    getattr(ConstraintButtonsPanel, con.type)(ConstraintButtonsPanel, bone, box, con)
AttributeError: type object 'ConstraintButtonsPanel' has no attribute 'COPY_ROTATION'
1 Like

Thanks for the report… I’ll fix this asap.

I might add that BLM is probably my most used add-on. It is a true godsend. It is in fact SO good, i purchased it twice and I recommend it to anyone using my rigs. You are my hero for making this.

1 Like

Thank you for your kind words… 2.9x version now available on Gumroad. :v:t2:

2 Likes

Hi! I LOVE this addon!

Maybe I missed something, but is there a way to remove a layer from the RigUI layer list?

1 Like

sure… just set the RigUI layer to -1 :wink: … if you then click on [Audit Layers] it will reset to [Assign RigUI Layer] too.

1 Like

Behold! The mighty boxy bouncy Rrrrrabbit!

He toothless tho… And blind…

Thanks!

1 Like