Bones and letter twist

Hi to all,

I added a Text object (more precisely the letter P) to my scene.

I would like the letter to curve forward or backward while having the bottom of the letter fixed.

I converted the letter (Ctrl + Alt C),
I pressed the Ctrl + A key (Scale and Rotation).
I recalculated the normals (Shift + N).

Here’s what I would like to do and what is the problem :slight_smile:

Thanks for your help,

A+

so the top bone probably influence the bottom of your letter? If you can’t fix it please share your file: https://pasteall.org/blend/

Hi,

here is my .blend file :

Thanks to you,

A+

So I’m not sure why you ask as it seems to work for the second letter… actually as we see here when we select the armature, shift select the letter and switch to Weight Paint mode, the top bone influences the bottom part of the letter:

So choose Blend > Subtract and pain the bottom, use the Blur brush to make the transition smoother:

Hi,

I send you this message because normally it works with the GOOD sample of the blend file.
The problem is that I have tried to switch an other letter (the L letter) but it doesn’t work.

I’d like to rotate the letter moving only the superior bone .

thanks

so have you tried to weight paint on the L?

Hi all,

I would like to reproduce the GOOD model that works perfectly (see the file above).
The problem is that the foot of the letter does not stay attached to the ground. And the letter doesn’t bend (see BAD).

Personally I’m not for weight painting.
Since we can well arrive with the bones.
Maybe with the cursor and the base of the letter.
I tried but the bottom of the letter does not remain anchored in the ground, and does not bend.

Thanks for your help,

A+

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

Hi to all,

All my excuses, I have found, in fact it was necessary to make a CTRL + J with the letter and the bones.

Thanks