Data Removed. Data Removed

Data Removed.
Data Removed.

1 Like

Well first of all, I’m flattered that you think highly of my opinion. :slight_smile:

Anyway, they both look nice. The first one looks like it just rolled out of the factory, which is good if you want to go for that squeaky clean, “the future looks bright” kinda look. The second shows it’s years in space and countless atmospheric re-entries. It has a more, “the future is old and run-down” feel. Think Star Trek vs Star Wars.

I’m partial to the overall feel of the second version. However, a second look begs the question; Is this a ship that makes re-entries? It looks like it could be a giant space yacht that would never go to planet side. If that’s the case, I don’t know that it would look QUITE as dirty. Sure, there are micro meteorites and dust in space that can do damage to fast moving objects over time, but it looks like it’s been spending some serious time landing on dusty planets with all that grime build-up.

Here’s a good real life example of the ISS and space shuttle Endeavor for comparison. The shuttle is definitely scarred from many re-entries. The station isn’t as battered, but it does look a bit dull and yellowed with time.

That being said, I’m really just being nit-picky since this is the focused critique section. Nice work all around. :slight_smile:

EDIT: It’s really just that black section on the nose of the ship. It looks like a super dusty window.

Data Removed.
Data Removed.

I do think the second version is more pleasing aesthetically, but I don’t think it’s a big enough change to merit redoing everything.

If you wanted to do a complete overhaul of the entire app, with a new UI, and polished visuals throughout, it might be worth it, but if I were you, I would let that project be done for a while. Take this time to regroup and start on your next project.

Data Removed.
Data Removed.

Data Removed.
Data Removed.

It looks decent as a model. As far as realism goes, however, the shadows are much too light for a vehicle in outer space. If there is another ambient light source nearby illuminating the shadowed regions, perhaps give it a different hue so the eye is better convinced.

1 Like

Data Removed.
Data Removed.