Boolean acting strangely

With difference, rather than removing the area which another mesh takes up from itself, it just copies the other mesh. The blue rectangle is the picture is a copy of the grey one above it. What could be causing this?

Attachments

hand picture1-1.blend (2.26 MB)

Not enough info (no blend file supplied to review!!)

Ensure your face normals are all pointing outwards (display option in the properties panel)
Flip selected faces with W / Flip Normals or recalculate them with Ctrl+N

sorry, it should be posted now.

I tried flipping the normals, and it made the other side of the second mesh become copied (the part outside the first mesh instead of inside). I tried just flipping the outside part and it resulted in several faces/vertices being deleted.

sorry, it should be posted now.

I tried flipping the normals, and it made the other side of the second mesh become copied (the part outside the first mesh instead of inside). I tried just flipping the outside vertices and it resulted in several faces/vertices being deleted.

What is it you are trying to achieve? You have 65 objects all named cube, none of which has scale applied - a prerequisite to doing Boolean operations. Then you have Boolean operations assigned to two of them, but nothing selected to use as the Boolean object.

What is it you are trying to achieve? You have 65 objects all named cube, none of which has scale applied - a prerequisite to doing Boolean operations. Then you have Boolean operations assigned to two of them, but nothing selected to use as the Boolean object.

I would suggest, for starters, you give the cubes some meaningful names and apply scale, then select whichever of these you want to use as the Boolean object.