I am using blender 3.1.0 and have a strange issue when using the boolean operator on a cone.
What I did/tried is the following:
- add cylinder and decrease the size at the top
- created the window using a cube and beveled the upper part (however, with the standard cube, the same issue appears)
- selected shade smooth for the cone
- set normals to autosmooth 30°
- applied boolean modifier (difference, exact)
I however get the weird behavior at the top of the “window”. When using a normal cylinder, this does not happen. Only when I decrease the size of the top.
Does anybody have an idea on how to solve this issue?
FYI: I want to create a lighthouse with windows+door