Bootlegger - Map Update

Ok, I started with texturing my streetlamp but I have a question:

What is the best texture resolution I can use?

<edit>

a second question:

Is bumpmapping allowed?

Walibie

I got some ideas for 2 of the 5 different outhouses. Should have them posted soon.

–edit–
Whats the max polly on the outhouses? Just want to make sure Im not over.

ok well just wanted to check if this was what you had in mind before I texture it.

http://img57.photobucket.com/albums/v175/tuggles/outhouse.jpg

Walibie, no not bumpmapped, .jpg or .png is good but i dunno about the resolution tho, thanks :smiley:

For a game, you’re going to need to texture map the front of that podium rather than modelling it. Way too many polys for such a basic shape.

Yes the Out house should be under 30 poly’s, Now make the sides in 4or5 staggerd pieces because it will explode into many pieces when you run over it. It needs to have a wooden b+w texture…

Everything should be b+w…Thanks

Hehe… sorry, Outhouse/Podium then.

Oké I did my first texturejob today. My streetlamp is textured now. Here follows a render:

http://www.ladog.nl/willem/Cartel/Renders/streetlamp(texturetest).jpg

The texture size is 250x250 and 9kb total.

Any C&C?

Walibie

Set alpha translucency on the lamps and set smooth so it doesn’t look so jagged.

What do you mean with alpha translucency?

In UV face select mode you can set a selected face to alpha, so that it will be transparent.

Andy betraing Bhp like that lol

Well I’ve done what I said I’d do, therefore a barn, fences and a fire hydrant. I’m not sure if it’s acceptable as it is, so I’ll let Enriq give me some advice.

btw, I’ve used colours on the materials, so I’ll fix that for next time. Also, the poly count may be too high, let me know. :wink:

here’s a render of all the objects:
http://www.catachandevils.laserforums.com/images/archive/barnyard1.jpg

Barn = 89 faces (can be lowered)
Fire Hydrant = 168 faces (due to roundness)
Fences = 4 faces each

Games count in tris, and use them as much as you want because there’s no subsurfing. To find the tri-count, look at the decimator.

How exactly are the fences only four faces? I guess they’re not viewable all the way around?

Walibie the light poles are looking great!

Wiggie I like alot!

Fences and barn look awesome! Once I put the old worn looking texture on the sides of that barn it is going to look good

I need to find some base b+w textures we can use for all the wood, stone, walls, etc… So we have a uniform look. Models with no textures is fine by me. If you can turn your textures into b+w that would help because I may end up keeping it if I looks ok.

Nice work everyone.

Any one want to do the low poly police wagon? I only need the model I will texture it myself. I have started on the texture already.

http://www.policecarmodels.com/1.24.josephertl.html

that link will take you to a model of what I am looking for.

Never start on the texture before the model is completed.

I’d assume you mean the 20’s police patrol from that page?

i could try it but im just a newbie. i dont know if it will look nice.

I started on the star for the door on a white background. What so wrong about that? btw I have been around the block and back again, to know…

Need the gas station and church…

Church should be easy. As long as the outside is done with wood. Like the ones you see in the south school house looking. Rectangle, two sided roof, bell tower. 4 windows on each side w/ a nice stained glass texture on each one. dont forget the sign “FIRST BAPTIST CHURCH” of ???

Hmm…What do we name the town?

Any suggestions…

Just from my experience, it’s best to lay out the UV coords and then draw. If you don’t believe me, then read some tuts in the texturing forum at CGtalk (particularly Leigh’s). It’ll just end up making things take longer, most of the time.

If you only did the star, then nevermind, but if that’s the case you hardly started on the texture, that’s an auto-shape in a lot of programs.

huh huh…

.b